Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kim Petras Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I defy any pop lover to listen to this song and not come out the other side with a smile on your face. All of her singles so far have been bops. Worked with Charli XCX on her last release... expecting big things from her.

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I think it's important to note that she works with Dr. Luke. Here's a quote from her that @iCarly Rae Jepsen posted in the Charli thread.

"As I know him, he’s been really great and supportive to me and I’ve been learning a lot from him," Petras said. "He’s been a really nice person and I wasn’t there when that whole thing [with Kesha] went down, but from my experience he’s a great guy and I’ve been having a good time working with him."

When asked if she'll continue to work with Luke, Petras doubles down. "I’m always working with other collaborators," she says. "I’m always working with whomever the hell I want to work with. But it’s been really great working with him and I’ve been really happy with how it all came out."

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yep, as @brandon_260 mentions... yesterday I found all of her music and was enamored, then learned that Dr Luke co-wrote every single one of them and basically is her mentor.... sigh

4. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Also opening up for Troye Sivan af PGH Pride.

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I had no idea she was trans until right now. Such a shame she works with Dr. Luke.

6. irthesteve

Honestly can't understand how she still works with Dr Luke with everything she stands for and the company she keeps, her statement on the whole situation isn't great either

7. irthesteve

Welp... she's doubling-down on everything, this is not a good look

http://www.nme.com/music-interviews/kim-petras-interview-2300441-2300441

8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

holy shit. that is a bold fucking claim she's making.

9. irthesteve

Yeah she doesn't seem to really.... get it...

ChiliTacos likes this.
  10. irthesteve

Kim Petras Wants You To Concentrate On Her Music, Not Her Transgender Identity | HuffPost

You also have spoken about your love for Dr. Luke, even though many other musicians have cut ties with him in light of Kesha accusing him of sexual assault. Where’s your head at with that?
    It’s ongoing litigation and I don’t want to involve myself. I respect both of them a lot. My experience [with him] has been very positive. That doesn’t mean that Kesha’s experience was positive but I’d like to stay out of it and just let the case do its thing.

You recently told NME, “I would like my fans to know that I wouldn’t work with somebody I believe to be an abuser of women, definitely not,” which some people have interpreted as you calling Kesha a liar.
    That was just me saying I haven’t experienced any of it. That doesn’t mean she hasn’t, but I want to let their case speak for itself. Honestly, it’s not my place to say anything.

11. irthesteve

New song out tomorrow, and yes it's written with Dr. Luke again

12. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Saying "well he doesn't abuse me so whatever" is such an uncomfortable stance to take. Really put a damper on all of her music for me.

13. irthesteve

another song, another Dr Luke co-write

14. irthesteve

15. Contender

eight song halloween EP out tonight

16. irthesteve

the EP is actually pretty damn great

17. irthesteve

at midnight

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. Contender

a certified bop!!!

19. irthesteve

yeah that song is pretty solid

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. irthesteve

SOPHIE collab (and seemingly more songs) out Friday

waking season likes this.
  21. jorbjorb

7 rings

pretty good stuff here

22. username

hey you lil piss baby

Did the SOPHIE collab ever drop?

23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

It's on the 3 song EP dropping this Friday.

username and irthesteve like this.
  24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

25. Contender

been waiting for the Sophie track foreverrrrr