Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Killing Eve (BBC America) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Eve is incredibly bad at her job.

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

My big complaint is that the pseudo-Zuckerberg guy basically meant nothing and never posed a threat. He was just a middleman for Eve and V to get together.

3. The Ghost was kind of pointless too.

Zilla likes this.
  4. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I'm sadder The Ghost wrapped up so quickly. What did this season accomplish? I wanted to know more about the Twelve and the network of assassins. This did nothing to expand the world.

5. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Killing Eve had the largest year-to-year gain in viewers out of any show in the past three years.

6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

7. I hate you for bumping this and there's not like an announcement or anything! haha :-)

morgantayler likes this.
  8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Gemma Whelan is joining the cast! I hope it’s a somewhat significant role, I really liked her in GOT.

9. I still need to finish S2. I think I only watched the first episode.

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I just started this the other day. Is the second season worth watching? I remember reading that it was a pretty big step down but I have no idea if that consensus changed at all after some time to settle.

11. The performances are still incredible but I have no clue what happened in season 2 plotwise.

12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeah it was a a down season but I’m going to stick with it. I’m interested to see where they go after the events of the finale.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

So maybe watch the first and then wait and see if they nail it in the third?

14. If you're really into the intense interactions between Eve and Villanelle I would watch it. Their scenes in episode 5 of season 2 completely topped their dinner from episode 5 in season 1. There's just a bit more of the overarching conspiracy stuff in season 2 that is nonsensical and might ruin some of your enjoyment if that part of the show matters to you at all.

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve only seen the first episode so far, whoops. Lol. I guess I’ll just see if the characters hook me enough to follow them no matter what the plot is. Phoebe didn’t write it, right?

16. I think she wrote a lot of season 1 and none of 2 but she was a producer for both.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

She wrote 1,2,5, and 8 in the first season. None in the second.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, two was what I meant. I’ll just play it by ear as I go through the season.

19. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Hell yeah

Fronnyfron likes this.
  20. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Season 3 premiere has been moved up!!

21. Let's go!

morgantayler likes this.
  22. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Noooo, not Kenny. Does Eve have any friends left now?

23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Just finished the second season and surprised to see a lot of the reaction in here apparently about disappointment that there was not more information given about The Twelve or that the Ghost and the wealthy psychopath guy ended up not having much to them. Imo those things are clearly just plot points used to build the Eve/Villanelle relationship. The show is fundamentally about them; everything else is secondary.

I don’t really care if we ever learn anything about The Twelve and I wouldn’t be surprised if they simply don’t exist. Their world seems much more like a vast interconnected web of wealthy/powerful people and the people who do the dirty work, with no heads or tails to make of it. Like, given Carolyn’s nonchalance about a tech billionaire who can access literally all the info about anyone in the world — as if he’s just a dime a dozen case of the week — I can’t really imagine what kind of person could ever be so powerful as to be above even that. Besides just literal political leaders.

24. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Joe likes this.
  25. Just recently caught up on S2. Apparently I can stream S3 on BBC America's website, which I didn't know, so I'll probably start that soon. Perfect timing since it just started a few weeks ago.

morgantayler likes this.