Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kid Cudi - Passion, Pain, and Demon Slayin' (2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tdlyon, Sep 26, 2016.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Cudi kills it on this. Em's verse takes a second to adjust to.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Cudi sounds a little like Ferg on this. He destroys it. Em's verse is fine.

3. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Eminem needs to hang it up

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

5. soggytime

Trusted

I've really enjoyed both of Cudi's collab tracks this year. I wonder what other artists are on his wish-list to work with

6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Eminem definitely needs to hang it up

Cudi is great on this though

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I would have probably agreed with that statement before Music To Be Murdered By was released. I wasn’t a fan of the 2-3 releases before that.

8. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

That album was also pretty bad imo

Joe4th likes this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Everything about this song is great

airik625 likes this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

there is a disgusting amount of merch for this one track

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

Em's verse starts off really rocky, it even sounds like the mixing is kinda off.
    But he's got some great moments in there. I liked "Other half are pissed off and dont wanna wear a mask they're just scoffing/that's how you end up catching the shit off them/I just used the same basket as you shopping/now i'm in a fucking casket from you coughing."

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

I just realized in the end Cudi says something about "the trilogy continues." Does this mean this is gonna be a single off a Man on the Moon III?

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

There's been some speculation about that. He's said he's possibly dropping a mixtape this year to hold fans over for Entergalactic next year, which is his next album that will also come with an animated Netflix series with an episode for each song. I could see that secretly being MOTMIII though, especially since it's named after a song on the first one

14. Ed59_

Regular

upload_2020-7-15_13-36-26.png

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just came in to praise Cudi while echoing the sentiment that Em needs to hang it up.

falafelmywaffle, Joe4th and soggytime like this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Damn. Man on the Moon III would be dope. Part 1 is a classic and Part II is SOOOO underrated, IMO.

Part II hit me hard recently. The production on that album is NUTS.

soggytime and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Part II was too "dark" for the time, but I contend that Part II is better as a concept record than Part I, even though Part I has higher highs.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  18. soggytime

Trusted

Part II def did not work for me at the time. I think after Erase Me being the first single I was hoping for more "party anthems" especially since it released during my freshman year of college. It's certainly grown on me over the years and I'm almost ready to call it a classic

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

MOTM1 is one of my favorite albums of all time but II is a more than worthy followup, it's very close in quality imo

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Cudi's been bringing his A game lately, I'm here for this.

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is honestly such huge fucking news for me, MOTM1 is legitimately one of my favorite albums of all time and 2 is incredible too. I know it's just a title but my hype is unfathomably high now

Got chills at the end of the video when the In My Dreams motif played too