Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kid Cudi - Passion, Pain, and Demon Slayin' (2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tdlyon, Sep 26, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away

Rose Golden is such an awesome song

2. "By Design" is the jam

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

By Design is one of my favorite songs of the year probably

Minus Act 3, this whole album is fantastic though imo

4. First Kid Cudi album I really liked, I didn't expect that honestly.

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Have you heard the two Man on the Moon albums? No offense and I'm very glad you like this album but I find it hard to believe someone could like this but not those

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Agreed ^^^^

7. At the time yes, but I admit I wasn't as big into hip hop as I am now. I'll get back to them.

tdlyon likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Definitely recommend it, they're both fantastic and very reminiscent of this album imo

This album is my third favorite of his after those two

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. The second half of this album gets a little uneven but goddamn if "By Design" isn't still amazing

tdlyon likes this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It's just Act 3 (Dance 4 Eternity-Kitchen) that slows it down I think, the last stretch (Cosmic Warrior-Surfin) is really good

11. Yeah Act 3 drags a bit.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

New song that samples Bullet With Butterfly Wings

13. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Didn’t think that was very good.

I haven’t listened to anything Cudi since MotM 2, the last track of his I genuinely liked was Dose of Dopeness and I’m pretty sure that was an old track he just randomly released. How has his output been since then? Is it anything like his older stuff or still WZRD-y?

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'd definitely give Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin a listen. At 19 tracks its definitely got a lot of filler, but I think there's a solid 10 track album buried in there.

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I definitely recommend Indicud and PP&DS, some of his best songs are on those two. Satellite Flight is also super underrated and has a similar sound to the MOTM albums. Probably flew under the radar because it's so short

The new song isn't his best work (it's only for a movie soundtrack though) but I'm glad he's putting new shit out. Really hope we get a new album this year

OotyPa likes this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

17. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

airik625 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

i hope so!

Blainer93 likes this.
  21. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Travis previewed another song on his IG live, there’s promo pics they’ve shot that are out there, it’s labeled under “The SCOTTS”

All signs point to an album

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Seems like this will be a big year for Cudi, Leader of the Delinquents is fucking great and a Travis Scott Mescudi album could potentially be incredible

23. soggytime

Trusted

I personally believe Cudi does best with another major force in the studio with him. My favorite Cudi project is Kids See Ghosts, and I have high hopes for The SCOTTS.

Like, when Cudi is left to his own devices we get Speedin Bullet 2 Heaven.

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Probably for his podcast that he's been talking about

If he's actually able to pull the guests he was talking about on Twitter it could be amazing though