Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kevin Smith Recovering From Heart Attack

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Kevin Smith was hospitalized over the weekend after suffering a “massive heart attack.”

After the first show this evening, I had a massive heart attack. The Doctor who saved my life told me I had 100% blockage of my LAD artery (aka “the Widow-Maker”). If I hadn’t canceled show 2 to go to the hospital, I would’ve died tonight. But for now, I’m still above ground! pic.twitter.com/M5gSnW9E5h

— KevinSmith (@ThatKevinSmith) February 26, 2018

2. So glad he's okay.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

This man was so pivotal to so much of what shaped my taste in pop culture as a kid. Reading his post made me realize how much I would miss the hell out of him. Thankful he's still with us.

4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Kevin Smith is like the Dave Grohl of video games, movies, and comics. So happy he is in a state of recovery. Here's to a speedy recovery Kevin!

5. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I saw Kevin record his Fatman on Batman podcast in Hollywood just this weekend. It was heart-wrenching to wake up to this news today, but I am so grateful that he seems okay. Kevin is easily the nicest celebrity I've ever encountered. So much of his work has positively effected my life, and I've never heard a bad story about him when it comes to meeting his fans. Get well soon, buddy.

mattylikesfilms and Aaron Mook like this.
  6. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

My friend sent me this news first thing this morning - so glad and relieved he got medical attention in time. I can't think of any other public figure who has influenced me the way Kevin has over the years.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. efp722

Regular

I really hope he pulls through. So sad. He always talks about his father's death and, looking back now, it always kind of sounded like he expected the same for himself (heart attack). So glad he seems to be okay at the moment.

8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Love Kevin, from his movies, to his podcasts, this dude seems to just reek of DIY positivity. He does a million things these days and I wonder if this is a sign to slow down, he's almost 50 after all. Hope he gets better

9. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Was listening to the latest Hollywood Babble-On during my drive in this morning and then saw his facebook post when I got to work. So relieved he pulled through. He’s started to focus on his health in the last year - but the damage (and some genetics) had already been done.

Knowing him though he’ll be back on stage doing what he loves in no-time

10. Tylar

Jesus, glad he’s okay!

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  11. vinylfilmaholic

Kev is absolutely my hero. He shaped my sense of humor and love of indie film as a teenager, if he had passed I would have been beyond inconsolable. It would have been like losing a family member. I'm so glad those doctors saved him.

12. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

My experience with him was very positive. I was playing a World Series of Poker event with my father for the first time shortly after turning 21, and we were all on a tournament break. My father and I were outside by the food kitchen, and I saw Kevin Smith standing not too far away. I walked up to him and asked if he would mind if I took a picture with him, and he gladly obliged. I then asked him a random question that I was curious about--if he was actually a fan of the Canadian teen show Degrassi. it was one of my "guilty pleasure" shows at the time, and he had a multi-episode cameo in it. He smiled and said he was absolutely a fan of the show, and he really enjoyed the opportunity to be on the reboot.

[​IMG]

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Kev gets shit on a lot, specifically for his newer movies, but losing him would absolutely devastate me. Say what you want about the quality of his films but the dude has such a genuine love for the art form and his own projects. Definitely one of the defining voices in my early years of digging into cinema.

14. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I couldn't have said it better myself

thenewmatthewperry likes this.