Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kevin Durant Joins Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Kevin Durant has joined the Golden State Warriors, basically, on paper, forming an unbeatable basketball team:

But I am also at a point in my life where it is of equal importance to find an opportunity that encourages my evolution as a man: moving out of my comfort zone to a new city and community which offers the greatest potential for my contribution and personal growth. With this in mind, I have decided that I am going to join the Golden State Warriors.

With that new huge contract I’m sure he’ll be able to find a nice one bedroom apartment in San Francisco.

2. CMilliken

Trusted

Chasing that ring. Disappointed in his decision. Seems like everyone jumps ship to make these super teams. Lebron should receive no hate for his move to Miami. I kind of see KD's move worse than Lebron's.

fenway89 and Schooner like this.
  3. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

This is the modern NBA. Great players want to win, and with the salary cap the money has a ceiling no matter where you go. Why would I want to take the same money to be on an okay team and have a small percent chance at a title when I can go to a handful of teams and have a great chance at a championship? Especially when I'm Durant and haven't won anything.

This was his best bet outside of staying put. It's amazing the people who'll begrudge him for this.

And let's not forget, no one hands out rings for winning the offseason. Even Wade/LeBron/Bosh needed a warmup season before winning their first title together. I would be completely unsurprised to see the Warriors not win the title because, well, it's fucking hard to do! Even with an All-Star roster.

Everyone needs to relax and just enjoy the ride. I'm way more outraged at complete no name players set to make 10M a year. But that's what happens when teams neuter their roster hoping the messiah will come to them then have to scramble to throw stupid money at JAG's to fill out a roster.

4. ARo24

Regular

NBA should just cancel the season and hold a best of 15 series between the Warriors and Cavs. No one in either conference has a chance unless there is a catastrophic injury.

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Him and Westbrook were 1 game away from beating the Warriors this year. They just added Oladipo. Disappointing.

fenway89 likes this.
  6. jorbjorb

7 rings

that's boring

bd007h likes this.
  7. skoopy

Regular

I'm curious to see how this will turn out. It seems to me that if KD wanted to be the focal point of his team he would have gone anywhere else or have stayed. Either he's looking to become more of a team player, or he is simply interested in getting a ring without altering his style too much. Either way, it'll be interesting to see how he'll mesh with the Warriors.

8. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I thought this was AbsolutePunk?

9. ARo24

Regular

Nope this is Chorus. Welcome.

doubledribble likes this.
  10. doubledribble

Regular

You must hate a lot of basketball players... Just sayin

11. doubledribble

Regular

Barnes was already gone to the Mavs. And now it looks like Bogut is going to the Mavs to clear space for Durant. Iggy isn't irrelevant with the addition of Durant though. He's a key component to the team defensively and off the bench.

testtime likes this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Holy shit hahaha.

I'm happy for him I guess. As an outside observer it seems kinda...I don't know. But as a Mavs fan I can't complain.

Now just waiting for Dirk to end up somewhere else and then I will drink myself into oblivion.

13. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

The NBA needs a stricter salary cap like the NHL.

The NHL's salary cap this year is $73 million, with each team having a 23-man roster.

The NBA salary cap for this year is apparently $94 million, with rosters typically around 13-14 players.

9 less players per team, but $21 million more that they are allowed to spend.

one of the many reasons why I've fallen more out of love with the NBA and more in love with the NHL over the last 18 years.

Schooner and carlosonthedrums like this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

If the NHL did as well as the NBA financially that would probably change.

(Don't quote me on this, I'm not entirely familiar with how the salary cap is decided, it's just an outside thought that may or may not be true)

15. bd007h

Yeah that does have some to do with it, but it also has to do with league parity.

I'm not sure about the NBA but the NHL also has a cap floor, which teams have to spend at least that much.

16. Fucking Dustin

I'm not sure about that either. I'm a relatively new NBA/NHL fan (watched my teams a lot but didn't know much about the sport as a whole/other teams/how the FO works/etc) so I'm still learning a lot.

17. bd007h

I just see WAY too much of teams stocking up on super stars in the NBA hahaha. NHL teams don't really have that luxury hahaha.

Schooner likes this.
  18. doubledribble

Regular

The NBA does have a cap floor. It's 84.7M for next season.

19. doubledribble

Regular

The NBA has always had star studded teams. Most teams that have won championships had multiple stars. It's a lot easier to do that in the NBA with the roster size.

20. bd007h

lol so the cap floor is even higher than the NHL's cap ceiling.

21. bd007h

Yeah, but up until the past 5-10 years or so most of those star-studded teams were mostly "home-grown" through the draft, not teams stacking up on star players through free-agency.

22. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

If this were still AbsolutePunk, I'd have made the following awful joke:

I thought this was AbsolutePunk, not AbsoluteDunk

What an awful joke, right? Thank god that's been avoided.

slickdtc, slimfenix182, FTank and 2 others like this.
  23. Fucking Dustin

I'm glad you didn't post this

slickdtc and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  24. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

:embarrassed:

25. doubledribble

Regular

Honestly, he got a max deal from the Mavs and it was on the front page of ESPN. Twitter and yahoo news are my other places to find news.

I'm a huge Pacers fan, and HoopsHype is a place that is good for all NBA rumors and can break it down to team specific if you are interested in only the happenings of one team.

Hope this helps!

testtime likes this.