Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kevin Devine Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I was referring to Between the Concrete. I think Bubblegum is pretty universally loved. Haha

fenway89 and phillyfradet like this.
  2. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

BTC&C is probably one of my lesser favorite albums of his, but I still think it's a great album. "11-17" is top 3 in terms of his songs honestly.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

11-17 might be second only to Brother's Blood, they might be tied even. I love that song so much. There was a chunk of time where I listened to nothing but Kevin Devine after I found out about him, and I just remember how much that song pulled me in right away.

teebs41, phillyfradet and fenway89 like this.
  4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I think it might be mine too

5. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

I think he's referring to "Concrete And Clouds" guys, not bubblegum, when he was saying about it not being received well.

But yeah, C&Cs, bubblegum, and Bad Books are where most my favorite Kdev stuff is.

fenway89 and Benjamin Lee like this.
  6. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Oh yeah, I feel ya. I remember when I first heard that song, it was in this video.

7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This is a pretty cool version of the song. Been awhile since I've heard this one actually, so thanks for reminding me it exists.

8. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

:) ofcourse! You're welcome

Also this one, from the same session, is incredible. I love this more than the album version, I believe.

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Those sessions are incredible

Benjamin Lee and fenway89 like this.
  10. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

It's so hard for me to put anything close to that album for me, but this is definitely close. I am almost the Belieber equivalent of a Kevin Devine fan. Haha He literally hasn't done 1 thing I didn't like in all of his 8 album career.

fenway89 and phillyfradet like this.
  11. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I'm right there with you. I pretty much know I'll love whatever he is involved with

phillyfradet likes this.
  12. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

I generally agree, but in this case, those videos transcend their album counterparts imo. I also listened to those versions first, before I ever heard the album.....so that could also play a part.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

phillyfradet likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Another!

phillyfradet likes this.
  15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I need to remember to sit down and watch these

irthesteve likes this.
  16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I wonder if he'll play songs from Circle in these sessions. If any song has fallen to the wayside, it's stuff from that album. It was my first KD album, and it's also my least favorite musically but that doesn't mean i don't like it haha. Whenever I've seen recentish live stuff from that album, I really enjoy the flourishes he adds to them. Makes them stand with a lot of his later stuff.

17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Live At St. Pancras Old Church is by far his best (recorded) live performances.

been thinking about ordering it on vinyl.

fenway89 likes this.
  18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I'm eyeing that one on bandcamp right now since they just added all the vinyl only bonus tracks. That and Matter of Time might be my favorite releases...Matter of Time's only flaw is the lack of Ballgame lol.

fenway89 likes this.
  19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

wtf Live at St. Pancras has made me fall in love with that Miracle song (Every Famous Last Word). It's so good...and the original Miracle version is pretty sick too, love the sing-shout he does in that. It's like Bubblegum in its vocal approach but more raw. How often does he play that? Because that is a JAM
    also if it wasn't clear yeah of course I bought that 30 track live behemoth :heart:

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't wait for his full length

21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Same, another quality release, no doubt. He's never let me down which is wild after 8 albums and other supplemental releases. I'm glad I didn't listen to his side of the split series TOO much since I heard he was reworking a couple of those songs for the record. I let myself love the covers he did as much as I wanted though, ha. The REM and Cure covers especially are top notch. Love Lovesong.

teebs41 likes this.
  22. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

man i never went back to bubblegum/bulldozer but i just revisited bubblegum and i've probably listened to the album 5 times today and the song 20+

teebs41, fenway89 and Benjamin Lee like this.
  23. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Aren't there supposed to be acoustic renditions of each of those records floating around somewhere? Because I want them.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I would love acoustic versions of Bubblegum but I feel like I've heard a fair bit of those songs in that form over various sessions. Would still be down for it though, esp since I really haven't given Bulldozer enough love

teebs41 likes this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Bubble gum is a great record

Benjamin Lee likes this.