Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kevin Devine & The Goddamn Band / Julien Baker / Pinegrove / Petal Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I'm really hoping (probably in vain) that Pet Symmetry sticks around for the Philly date since we're being robbed of Julien.

2. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

holy COW this show was incredible. every performer was top-notch. and Pinegrove is truly something else.

local_corn likes this.
  3. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

The only other recent setlist from KDev has "Ballgame" added, so that's pretty righteous.

4. AndrewSoup

yeah, he played that one last night. seven songs from Instigator. covered a Leonard Cohen and an Elliot Smith song

local_corn likes this.
  5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Show in Portland was amazing. Here's the setlist for anyone interested:

Chelsea Hotel #2 (Leonard Cohen cover)
    Just Stay
    She Can See Me
    Bloodhound
    Instigator
    Magic Magnet
    No Why
    No Time Flat
    Off-Screen
    Both Ways
    Absolutely-Story of a Girl (Nine Days cover-snippet)
    Wicked Game (Chris Issak cover-snippet)
    Freddie Gray Blues
    Noble Prize
    Civil War/Paradise City (Guns n Roses cover-snippet)
    I Could Be with Anyone
    Little Bulldozer
    Bubblegum
    Daydrunk
    No History
    Redbird
    Cotton Crush
    Stan (Eminem cover-snippet)
    It Never Stops (Bad Books cover)
    Brother's Blood
    The Biggest Lie (Elliott Smith cover)
    I Was Alive Back Then

local_corn likes this.
  6. AndrewSoup

Kevin started singing part of "Mrs Jones" in SF and riffing on it (and the bad bridge) and it was hilarious. the whole band started to go into a Hold Steady song just before that.

7. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Fuck. Bummer on multiple levels.

8. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Hey anyone in the MO/KS area want two tickets for Sunday's show in Lawrence? I'll sell them for cheap.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Finally got around to listening to Petal and wow. Almost as excited to see them as Pinegrove and Kevin now. I'm catching this show tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. I'm also really happy the date was before Pinegrove has to take a few off. I would've completely understood, but it would've been a bummer.

local_corn likes this.
  10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Can't wait for tomorrow! First time seeing Pinegrove and Petal. Very excited for Kevin as always.

local_corn and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This is such an incredible tour. All three bands tonight sounded great, and it was a great time, minus the guy shoving a CD and marker towards Kevin before he started to play his last song. Like.. he's not going to sign anything on stage.. just stop..

Set:
    Ballgame
    Just Stay
    She Can See Me
    Bloodhound
    Instigator
    Magic Magnet
    No Why
    No Time Flat
    Off-Screen
    Both Ways
    No One Says You Have To
    Freddie Gray Blues
    I Could Be With Anyone
    Little Bulldozer
    Bubblegum
    Daydrunk
    No History
    Redbird
    Cotton Crush
    Damned Old Dad
    Brothers Blood
    I Was Alive Back Then

local_corn and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

^Ill second this. This is really a special tour. Bands all being something a little different but compliment each other so well, and each of them sounded excellent live. Petal is quickly becoming one of my favorite new bands, and seeing Pinegrove live for the first time was awesome. They sound fantastic live. Kevin sounded great as always. He's one of those artists that makes great albums, but the songs just really come to life in a live setting. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire show.

local_corn and Joe4th like this.
  13. BHS1985

Driving five hours to the Boston show next weekend and I would be so happy with this same setlist. Glad to see Ballgame in there even if I've seen it almost every time I've seen KD. That song never gets old to me especially when played live.

Also, saw Pinegrove here in Rochester the other night and they were amazing so I can't wait to see them again.

14. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

So upset there's no Pinegrove tonight. Still gonna be amazing, but I missed them last time they came through so I was fairly stoked.

15. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Same set as above tonight, except a replacements cover instead of dsmned old dad.

16. TMS2787

Trusted

I got the last two tickets for tomorrow nights show in Columbus. I usually wait until day of and wasn't sure I fully believed the "less than 20 tickets left for the show" when Bravo posted it on the Facebook event but I decided to go for them this morning, tried for three (which I needed) and there wasn't three, so I tried two and it went through. I figured it was some kind of glitch so I tried three again and nothing. I bought the two then the ticket page said "Sold out". I needed three because my girlfriends best friend is coming with us and Kevin said he'd take care of me. He's seriously the best. I can't wait for the show tomorrow!

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Also really excited for tomorrow. Glad it sold out! I feel like every time I've seen Kevin there's been an underwhelming amount of people there

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

because pinegrove

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah for sure. Hoping people stick around for Kev though

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

At the Detroit stop at least 1/3rd if not half of the people cleared out after Pinegrove. It was sad to see.

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

pinegrove has the ~~hypez~~ right now, it's not that unexpected

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  22. TMS2787

Trusted

So Pinegrove the wave right now?

23. EarthShifts

Trusted

Can't wait for Saturday.

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Last night was really great. It was my third time seeing Pinegrove this year but damn they have perfected their live show. They were too good.

Kevin was also awesome. They played all of the songs so fast it was awesome. Definitely my favorite time seeing him full band

25. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

Can't wait for Sunday!

Anyone know if Petal still has the 3/4 sleeve shirts?