Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kevin Devine Streams ‘Instigator’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Kevin Devine’s new album, Instigator, can be streamed below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLm17wrITnyeLnrKUcC-ukWjzAwBoCdkR4

2. danskoldberg

3. danskoldberg

I appreciate, and enjoy the fast paced instrumentals.. but I don't think his voice is the best fit for this kind of music. IMO his vocals are best accompanied by slower/softer instrumentals. Looks like "I Was Alive Back Then" will be the only song I'll return to.

4. Is this....what Kevin Devine usually sounds like?

Maybe I'm blanking, but I remember him sounding completely different. I don't listen to his recordings often, but I've seen him and the band live once... This just seems very different. Sounds good though!

5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

the answer to your question is sometimes. It's not a left field thing, Bubblegum, Between the Concrete and Clouds, and even Brothers Blood have similar vibes. Maybe I'm reaching but I think there are some hints of this kind of stuff on Split the Country too.

fenway89 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  6. Thanks!

7. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Yeah this is fairly common for Kevin. I really really like the album. Not my favorite of his, but it's a strong addition to the catalogue. I love how he tackles politics. It's just incredibly genuine coming from him

8. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

This might be a top three Devine release for me

fenway89 and Aaron Mook like this.
  9. Wonderful album. He just keeps getting better and better at what he does

fenway89 likes this.