Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kevin Devine & Craig Finn Split Goes Up Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. So we're just gonna ignore the fact he's still signed to Jesse Lacey's label and has said nothing about that situation, huh? Dropping off their UK tour before it was canned last year was performative in the extreme. Someone with as much scene clout as Kevin should know better. For fuck's sake, he was going to be a touring member of Brand New 'for the foreseeable future' before shit hit the fan. Now he refuses to address his ongoing business relationship with a predator and just hopes the issue will go away? Fucking really Kevin?

3. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Does he refuse to address this? And does he have an ongoing business relationship with him? This and all of the Splits releases are on Bad Timing and not PMT, and I haven't seen anything to suggest any future releases would be on PMT - if I'm wrong, this changes my opinion. He was pretty damning when he did publicly quit Brand New - and it's impossible to know what his motivations were (for better or worse) for quitting because he did it as soon as that story truly broke. Now if you're suggesting he knew of Jesse's behaviour before joining Brand New in the first place, that's a whole other matter.

4. I am gonna guess the PMT website is a fucking wasteland because none of its roster has actually done much since BN went down in flames but it lists him as a featured artist on the site: Procrastinate! Music Traitors - and this hasn't been updated in a minute. Honestly I'm not sure if he's still on there and wants to work with them going forward but it's an extremely bad look, and I can't be sure where he stands on the issue so I'm not cool with supporting him until it is resolved one way or the other.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the website is dead, BN runs the site and is doing their best to pretend like nothing happened while disappearing, they aren't going to update anything and that has nothing to do with kevin.

kevin has already dropped off their tours and made a statement condemning the actions so i don't see the reason to stay on him

Carrow likes this.
  6. ah, didn't know the website was dead, fair enough then

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

now, i wouldn't be surprised if people's merch orders are still being fulfilled. but i know their label manager isn't working with them, and nothing about PMT has been updated and no social media things have been made since the last statement. any operation is solely under BN's most direct people and has nothing to do with kevin

Carrow likes this.