Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kesha - The Rainbow Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by thisisnotbrianm, Aug 1, 2017.

1. When I saw her last summer, there was no opener... however, last time i saw her, it was only half sold out and this time sold out in 3 minutes, so what do I know.

2. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

If she has an opener, she usually waits to announce them.

She didn't have one the last time I saw her, but when I saw her in 2014, the first time she announced the openers a few weeks before tour started, and the second time she announced the opener week of.

Wouldn't be surprised to not see one though.

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

when i saw Avril Lavinge at a 'smaller venue'...Patent Pending opened (this was like 2012 too)

how about THAT!

4. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Going to this tomorrow, anyone have set times? Or reviews? I'm SO excited for this.

5. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I remember them being stoked about opening for her! She brought out a lot of odd openers. I think Silverstein opened for her in Japan if I remember correctly.

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’m still so upset about this selling out in less than 30 seconds. I’m still tempted to drop an insane amount of money to go.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I was considering buying resale, but then I realized it's the same night as Citizen, so I figure I'll cut my losses. Really hope she does another tour next year though. Until then I have the vinyl to look forward to

8. thisisnotbrianm Oct 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2017)
    thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Went last night and had a good time. Really satisfied with the setlist (even though I wish there was a deeper cut from Warrior / Cannibal / Animal), but hearing the songs form Rainbow live was special.

Some notes:
    - Doors at 7, opener 8-8:40, Kesha 9-10:40
    - She covered a Tom Petty song right at the beginning of the encore right before Rainbow. It was a really touching and emotional moment. I believe it's the first time she did this.
    - Most of the Rainbow songs sounded awesome, but man, Learn to Let Go does NOT translate well live, which bummed me out because it's one of my favorites on Rainbow.
    - You can really tell how much fun she was having with the new material, and how emotional it was for her to hear everyone singing along. She stopped a few times to wipe tears away (specifically after Rainbow and Praying), which was awesome
    - She was really personable and the banter on stage was very, very sincere and not as "scripted" as it was on her past tours, directly addressing people in the audience and really opening up to how she was feeling at that specific moment
    - Holy confetti
    - The opener was one of the worst live bands I've ever seen, and I've seen over 600 different bands. Not sure if they were trashed / drugged out or what, but wow that was the longest 40 minutes of my life
    - Crowds at GA mainstream pop shows are the worst
    - Highlights of the night: Rainbow, Let 'Em Talk, Bastards all were fantastic live and translated very well

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Thanks for the set times! Made me realize I think I can actually make it to the Milwaukee date pretty easily, and those tickets are more reasonable. I think I'm going to go for it.

10. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

It wrecks me that the cheapest on SeatGeek are $252 piece.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That's absurd! She'll be back haha