Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kesha Releases Alleged Emails From Dr. Luke Criticizing Her Weight

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Page Six has released a series of emails allegedly between Dr. Luke and Kesha where the producer comes across as, uh, a dick:

But newly released emails between Dr. Luke and Kesha’s manager Monica Cornia give credence to the performer’s claims that the producer was heartless about her eating disorder.

“Nobody was calling anybody out,” Dr. Luke writes to Cornia at 2:11 a.m. on June 28, 2012, according to a copy of the email.

“We were having a discussion on how she can be more disciplined with her diet. there have been many times we have all witnessed her breaking her diet plan. this perticular [sic] time — it happened to be diet coke and turkey while on an all juice fast,” the producer gripes.

2. All juice fast? Sheesh. That's punishing. Indicative of a system that far more powerful and misogynistic than Dr. Luke alone--although dealing appropriately with him would be a good place to start.

3. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

That whole part blew my mind. People can be so shitty.

4. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

No way he's a real doctor. He can't even spell particular.

5. Dude is a major scumbag and should be blacklisted from the industry, whether or not he's talented musically. Hope Kesha won't get sued for this, she needs our support and didn't deserve to have her career destroyed.

lightning13 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  6. Might I add that he's not even talented musically?

7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I recently read a book about the whole pop songwriting machine, and it did nothing to make Dr. Luke seem like anything less than a total piece of shit. Seems like his career is already pretty wrecked at this point, so that's something at least. 2016 was less than fruitful for him in terms of writing and production credits, and most people in the industry won't work with him anymore. Whether or not he has to answer for what he did to Kesha, I can at least take solace in knowing that his days as one of the industry's go-to hitmakers are done.

8. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

“A list songwriters and producers are reluctant to give Kesha their songs because of her weight.”
    I mean, if that's true, then that's seriously worrisome about the state of affairs in the American pop industry. Then again, I was looking at the Asian Pop industry the other day and that looks even worse (ie K-pop and J-pop female stars are not allowed to date and have very strict diets). Record labels are greedy and manipulative as hell.

9. Yep they're very controlling and manipulative regarding women in particular, so kpop and jpop are filled with scandals every single day because of that.

emeryk3 likes this.
  10. Schooner

Trusted

The "sippin on bub in the club" is a better line than freakz in the streetz admittedly

11. dumpweed41

what was the book?

12. Craig Manning

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

what a scumbag

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Can we just chuck this man back into the sea he came from and move on?

15. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Butch should punch him in the face one more time for good measure.

16. Craig Manning

Butch's memoir was actually cited in this book as an example of Dr. Luke not having the best reputation in the industry, haha.

17. Mr. Serotonin

Haha, that's funny. You'd recommend the Song Machine book? I'm looking at it in Amazon right now. Might have to pull the trigger. Sounds interesting.

18. Craig Manning

Yep, definitely. Even if you don't like all the songs/artists he talks about, it's still very well-researched and insightful.

19. Is it the same memoir when he talked about certain popstars being a pain in the ass to work with ? Like, Lindsay Lohan when she used to have a music career lol

Mr. Serotonin and Craig Manning like this.
  20. Craig Manning

Haha, the very same.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  22. Mr. Serotonin

Definitely, it was a great read. Got the electronic version on my phone and read it in one day.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.