Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kesha - Rainbow (August 11, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Boots and Boogie Feet are just fine.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  2. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Love Hymn. This rules so far

3. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Boogie Feet reminds me too much of that Hello Kitty Avril Lavigne song, but Godzilla is great.

4. eight30

Regular

I really really like Finding You for some reason. Hymn is great too.

5. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I think the second half of this is spotty but the first half is really great

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

Boogie Feet is fun as fuck you guys are crazy

ChiliTacos likes this.
  7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Learn To Let Go might be my favorite, super super good. Probably something like Learn To Let Go, Praying, and Woman are my top 3 which yea boring that the 3 singles are my favorite but I really like Hymn, Let Em Talk, Boogie Feet and Boots too

beachdude42 and Kiana like this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Boogie feet isn't half as bad as I was expecting based on reactions

beachdude42 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

gonna shake my butt yeah that's a guarantee

sophos34 likes this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

This album is way better than I was expecting based off some first impressions I saw.

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

It's really so good.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I've been listening to this non stop I think it's truly great. I appreciate how much ground it covers both in terms of style and emotions, and it's more grown up but not without replacing what makes Kesha great in the first place which is just that she's fun.

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Hunt You Down is so damn fun.

ghostedaway likes this.
  14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Honestly it's my #2 aoty after Lana so far. I srsly love it. I told my friend to listen to it because she's been going thru a rough time and I thought it could help her, and she loved it too.

15. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Really excited for her to start playing shows this weekend. Really curious to see what songs will make the cut into her live sets, and how they translate. I love Kesha, but sometimes the live translations of songs don't go over so well, so I hope the new musical style helps with that.

I would kill to see her do a stripped version of Rainbow of just her playing the piano with no other instruments.

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Lana and Kesha queens of 2k17

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I've been alternating between the two all day. Both are so so good, I don't want to hear anything else.

18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Can't embed rn but the Japanese bonus track Emotional is out there!

edit

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

hell yeah!

Kiana likes this.
  20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This album's pretty fuckin solid!! Enjoyed way more on first listen than I expected actually

21. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

This is probably in my top 3 honestly, pretty much a perfect pop record, leaves her old stuff in the dust

22. irthesteve

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

time to catch up on some music.

Bastards = A+ (Wow after hearing the singles, which I felt were 'good', i was concerned, cause i really wanted her to go the country/acoustic guitar route...OH! she's saving that for the album. Great opener. Great song. Liked it first listen)
    Let Em Talk = B+ (Sounds like a Dollyrots song. This will grow on me. I know it will)
    Woman = B- (Christina Aguilera. Okay if this were the best song of the album, i might give it a higher score, but based on what else this album gave...this is merely a 'good' pop song)
    Hymn = B (Lorde? I loveeeeeeeeee the verse, just not digging the 'hymn, hymn, hymn, hymn'. Maybe I'll grow to like it)
    Praying = A (Amazing. Perfect first single for the album)
    Learn to Let Go = B- (this is on a scale. Kinda like 'Woman', if this were the only song I might like it a lot more, but there's gold on this album, so it falls into the 'solid' category)
    Finding You = B- (Cool verse, chorus is fine. This song sounds like something so familiar and i cant pinpoint it. Grrr)
    Rainbow = A- (Sounds like a great Disney song haha. I love it)
    Hunt You Down = A+ (Like Bastards, this is EXACTLY what i was hoping for. Amazing. Should've been higher on the album)
    Boogie Down= A- (At first I was ready to shit on this...but holy crap, Kesha, Avril, Eagles, Rocky Horror in all one.... this album needed this. The first verse I was like 'okay this is like Avril at her worse', but once Eagles finally got in the song, the vibe hit me like a ton of bricks)
    Boots = C (This was the first song that didn't hit me in any particular way)
    Old Flames = A- (I will definitely slow dance to this song one day. Really good, really solid)
    Godzilla = A+ (Blown away. Only way to describe this. This sounds like a song people will sing on theater auditions haha)
    Spaceships = C+ (Fatigue haha. One song too many. So many memorable songs...this one didn't get to me as the others did. End with godzilla).

Wow. I know mathematically that makes the album a B+ but I know that's not right.

This is a FANTASTIC album. I've heard so many albums this year that it took me a while to finally enjoy (Paramore) but this one hit me instantly right away. I just gave THREE songs A+'s..and THREE other on'es A-, and ONE A. I consider half the album to be A's!. That's insane for me. And the misses aren't even that bad.

I'm glad to see so many bandwagon Kesha fans join in on her greatness. This album should open up many many more eyes.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Every time I listen to Finding You I keep thinking Ryn Weaver is singing it

irthesteve likes this.
  25. irthesteve

I would very much like some new Ryn please