Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kesha Offered “Freedom” if She Issues Apology

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Kesha has posted on Instagram that she has been offered “freedom” from Sony if she issues a public apology.

so. I got offered my freedom IF i were to lie. I would have to APOLOGIZE publicly and say that I never got raped. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS behind closed doors. I will not take back the TRUTH. I would rather let the truth ruin my career than lie for a monster ever again.

The post Kesha Offered “Freedom” if She Issues Apology appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. thevheissu

that's not how the force works Prestigious

This is just sickening.

3. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Holy...this is beyond ridiculous. Everything about this makes Sony look worse and worse. Not only harboring an abuser, but then blackmailing the victim? I can't even comprehend this.

4. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Not that I was too much a fan of her music but I will support absolutely anything she does from here on out. I have such respect for her and hope she comes back in a huge way that Sony will never see any money from

fenway89 and Jason Tate like this.
  5. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

What the hell is wrong with Sony. Seriously, my god. If that's true it's one of the most disgusting things they could have possibly done

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

Wow, Sony's giving her a choice of either "stay with us and we'll probably let your career die" or "you can leave, but only if you destroy your reputation." Situation's f'ed up and unbearable.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Good for Kesha on standing up for what is right. Fuck Sony for this.

8. notbrokejustbent

This is genuinely one of the most horrendous things I've ever heard of.

9. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Disgusting. Sad to say I'm not surprised by this.

10. Cola.

I was such a looker in the old days Prestigious

Ugh fuck this. So typical. I wish there was a way she could just destroy Sony from the inside.

11. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

That's just wrong on so many levels. Happy that she made that request public so we know what kind of money hungry monsters she is dealing with.

12. CMilliken

Trusted

What is wrong with Sony?! Good for her for standing up for herself.

13. Mike

That is what she is doing. Thank goodness too. I’m so glad that she is standing up for what she knows is right. I believe she will win, I just hope that she comes back stronger instead of exhausted from fighting so hard. An artist should worry about crafting great songs, not having to defend themselves from creeps.

14. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Wow, just wow

15. alexstolar

Just The Worst

Absolutely disgusting.

16. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Proud of her for standing up, but this whole situation sucks.

younglikeme likes this.
  17. younglikeme

ii // YLM

All that can be said about the situation has been, so I'll just say that Ke$ha's strength & resolve is truly incredible for what she's endured & continues to & I'd support her (& solutions that end this type of situation altogether) in any way I could.

18. bristphili

Beyond fucked.

19. Sad. Really fucking sad. Good for her for sticking to her guns!

20. elliottsaray

hunk of lead

what a load of shit. this is so sad.

21. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

How is she still dealt such a fucked up hand? She sure is taking it in stride. She is an incredible person and I am holding out for her to rise above all of this and reach her fullest and happiest potential. I have to believe that that is in the future.