Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kesha - High Road (January 31, 2020) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Oct 18, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I just want to confirm that she yells don't circumcise my circumstance and then repeats it this seems made up
    this is really good, the cultural appropriation of the rapping and saying she has g*ps* blood feels worse in her 30s then her 20s, but it makes up for it by being really weird just shifting genres and lowkey sampling Super Mario and Ginuwine

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Starting my first listen, why is everything so loud and harsh? The mixing is way off so far

straylight93 likes this.
  3. Hmmm I'm really mixed. I love High Road, Cowboy Blues, Father Daughter Dance, Resentment, and BFF. Birthday Suit and Kinky Song are bops. Raising Hell has grown on me. The rest is where I think this "back to pop" approach isn't anywhere as succesful as she expected.

I'm much more looking forward to hear the country/folk influenced album that apparenly was recorded in parallel, and she's gearing up to release next. I think she can put something special if she combine the best parts of this and Rainbow.

4. Bane

The spiciest meme

First listen, this seems slightly more inconsistent than Rainbow. But still very enjoyable, love My Own Dance, High Road, Resentment, Birthday Suit, Kinky, Chasing Thunder (except for that one part with the phrase), and Summer. I think there's a few more that could be added on to that list in future listens once I grow more accustomed to the album.

5. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i've only heard like 2 songs from her before this album so my opinion is moot but this album is full of fun jams. "Kinky" is fun as shit.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Bane likes this.
  7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Lowkey sad that Rich, White, Straight Men isn't on the album, it's so good. Alas.

Album has grown on me more, it's not as inconsistent as I originally thought. I already enjoyed it a lot but now even more so. I think I'll still end up liking Rainbow more but this album is quite great too.

8. navidson

Regular

Really liked Rainbow but this is a mess - especially that run from 'Birthday Suit' to 'BFF' - Absolute garbage

9. Bane

The spiciest meme

Literally calling Kinky garbage, oof

10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

calling "birthday suit" garbage! bold and wrong!

irthesteve likes this.
  11. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Fixed it for ya

12. navidson

Regular

Different strokes for different folks I guess - Just another typically bloated pop album which would benefit from having 4-5 songs cut from it

13. BoldTitan

Trusted

I can't stand Kesha normally but I enjoyed Resentment a lot.

navidson likes this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

i just turned this on and my first thought was "holy shit this is muddy"

15. It's really baffling for a high budget pop release

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

there are parts of this that really remind me of the first Kate Nash album.

17. irthesteve

This album feels really... freeing for Kesha, we all know Rainbow was a LOT for her and she was in a tough place. This album feels like she's leaving that shit in the past and moving forward. It sounds like this is what a party album sounds like in 2020 from her. It really feels like a mix of pre-Rainbow Kesha mixed with Rainbow.

MysteryKnight and ChiliTacos like this.
  18. irthesteve

OK the more I listen to this album, the more obvious it is that Nate Ruess co-wrote Little Bit Of Love, it's 100% a Nate song

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

well this sucks

20. irthesteve

Unbelievable

21. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Ugh that’s fucking ridiculous

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Fuck

23. Disgusting. I swear if anyone rants about cancel culture again...

24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Why didn't anyone tell me that Tonight is 100% My Shit.

25. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This is a ton of fun, but about 6 songs too long...

navidson and ChiliTacos like this.