Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kendrick Lamar Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Kendrick Lamar Duckworth (born June 17, 1987) is an American hip hop recording artist from Compton, California. Lamar embarked on his musical career as a teenager under the moniker K-Dot, released a mixtape which garnered local attention and led to his signing with Carson-based independent record label Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE). Lamar began to gain major recognition in 2010 after his first retail release, Overly Dedicated. The following year, he released Section.80, his first independent album, exclusively through iTunes. The album included Lamar's debut single, "HiiiPoWeR". By that time, Lamar had amassed a large internet following and had already worked with several prominent artists in the hip hop industry, including The Game, Snoop Dogg, and Busta Rhymes.

2. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

His performance on Austin City Limits was first-rate. Not sure how you can watch that and not be moved. He is worth the hype.

3. Yeah, that performance was stunning. Meanwhile, To Pimp a Butterfly keeps getting better and better with each listen for me.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Pimp pimp...

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hooray!

6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

untitled unmastered is one hell of a B-sides collection, if you can even call it that.

7. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I can't wait to see what he brings for his next album

8. Yeah, I've been listening to untitled/unmastered almost nonstop since its release

Jose likes this.
  9. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I pray my dick get big as the Eiffel Tower so I can fuck the world for 72 hours

10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Jason Tate and ChaseTx like this.
  11. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Picked up To Pimp A Butterfly on vinyl yesterday, and it was one of the best vinyl purchases I've made in a while.

AelNire likes this.
  12. T.J.

music and baseball.

Kendrick single handedly got me back into rap.

13. JSNFRMN

Palm Dreams

Remember first hearing Kendrick in December 2011 after seeing a few of his songs appear quite high up on Rap Radar's Top 100 of 2011. Hiiipower and Rigamortus were the songs so I got them up on Spotify and I was blown away, listened to Section.80 shortly after and then it all blew up the next year when he released GKMC. It's been great to see how far he's gone, who knows how much further he can go.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Let's bring this back shall we?

AelNire likes this.
  15. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

AKA 'Benz Is To Me Just A Car'

16. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

17. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

GEEEEEZ..I'm getting anxiety just looking at that picture! Good for him though.

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  20. ArchVillain

Ya I feel the same way, every listen reveals a little more awesome.

21. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Terrance Martin is so great

22. irthesteve

23. T.J.

music and baseball.

[​IMG]

24. irthesteve

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter