Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kendrick Lamar Interrupts White Fan Who Rapped The N-Word Onstage

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 21, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Yeah, when you are on stage singing with Kendrick Lamar, you shouldn’t drop the n-word. We learned this in the first episode of Scrubs, come on.

fenway89 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Both very true, and funny at the same time with the scrubs line.

fenway89 likes this.
  3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

That was painfully awkward. It wasn't just once either.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

sad part is she didn't even get what was wrong until she was told

white people smh

5. This hurt to watch

6. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

omg, this is painful.

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I don't even need to watch the video, I'm cringing enough.

This girl is gonna be embarrassed forever now.

8. mattant

She probably shouldn't have shouted it into the mic on stage, but if you don't want people singing that word maybe don't put it in your music that goes to #1 globally? Pretty weird wanting everyone to sing along to your lyrics but only one specific demographic to sing that word if you ask me.

Probably going to get hate flamed for opinion but oh well.

Note I don't use that word, but I'm also not singing along to Lamar.

9. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Surprised she stayed on the stage.

fenway89 likes this.
  10. LJ Rime

Regular

Kendrick brings a white fan on stage to rap a song of his that contains the n-word and is surprised that it doesn't go well? Lol. Sorry, I don't buy it. He knew what was going to happen. He can't be that oblivious.

11. Wait two people in here defending using this word what are you doing????

yeahrightdude and DarkHotline like this.
  12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Bizarre to say you don’t use a slur but then defend a white person using said slur.

13. LJ Rime

Regular

Lol. Funny how blaming Kendrick for giving a platform to a white person to rap a song filled with the n-word can be mistaken for defending the use of the word in the first place. Of course, only people who don't understand the basics of fame and how platforms work would assume such a thing.

Fact of the matter is, that situation is Kendrick's fault. He's responsible for his own platform. So whatever happens when he invites a fan up on stage is on him. That's just a fact of being a star performer. They have a responsibility. I refuse to believe that someone as intelligent as Kendrick is that oblivious. He knew exactly what he was doing and if he didn't, then he still deserves blame for being irresponsible.

You can blame her for using the word, but you can't blame her for being given the platform to use it in front of thousands of people. Either Kendrick is an asshole for knowingly allowing such a thing to happen so he can look good while educating her or his ignorance led to him being irresponsible. Either way, he's at fault.

14. Holy fuck

Arry, SuNDaYSTaR and popdisaster00 like this.
  15. DarkHotline

Bruh, stahp

16. LJ Rime

Regular

I don't give passes to superstars who give their platforms over to people they don't know. It's just common sense at this point.

DearCory likes this.
  17. Philll

Trusted

So Kendrick should censor his music because white people cant be trusted not to say the one word they really shouldn't be saying.

Blaming black folk for racism is quite the look.

18. LJ Rime

Regular

Censoring music never came up in my argument.

Also, I never blamed him for her racism. I blamed him for giving her racism a platform. The difference between the two is pretty major.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  19. DarkHotline

Oooooooofffffffffff

20. :facepalm:

Arry likes this.
  21. LJ Rime

Regular

:sleeping:

22. Philll

Trusted

The bad takes in this thread are actually @Jason Tate's fault because he gave a platform to @LJ Rime.

23. LJ Rime

Regular

There's a couple of issues with your post.

1. My "take" isn't a bad one. There is an actual thread on this forum about not only holding famous people accountable for their actions, but for how they use their platforms. And I wouldn't be surprised if the people in this thread have posted in it.

2. I was pretty clear in my posts that I was talking about famous people and stars, oh which Tate is neither. So, even though your attempt at making a smart reply was admirable, it doesn't really work in this case. Never compare Tate to Kendrick Lamar again.

EitanLevine and IATAvalanche like this.
  24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Live look at people blaming Kendrick...

[​IMG]

25. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

So...you’re saying Kendrick should censor himself because some white people are shitty? And Kendrick should be the one held accountable? Holy fuck, you aren’t real.

DarkHotline, Arry, SuNDaYSTaR and 2 others like this.