Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Keith Flint of The Prodigy Passes Away

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

My sister bought Fat of the Land when she was 13, when I was 11, and I fell in love with it. I remember listening to it over and over again on a road trip my parents took from Wisconsin to Georgia.

I'm listening to it again today. Stands up. Breathe makes me want to play Mortal Kombat 3 for some reason.

3. somethingwitty

Trusted

RIP...he was a true icon in electronic music. Without The Prodigy I doubt you see acts like Excision, Bassnectar, etc. They made it possible for electronic music generated by a DJ/producer to have a menacing, aggressive edge.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  4. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Between this and Luke Perry, today sucks.

Raku likes this.
  5. James McK

Former emo kid.

I'm lucky enough to have seen this band many times live, the amount of energy Keith Flint puts into every performance is nothing short of incredible. A damn shame and a great loss, will definitely be spinning Fat of the Land in his honour.

6. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Jonathan likes this.
  7. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Terrible news. RIP Keith. Music for the Jilted Generation was my first introduction to any kind of dance music and that album still blows my mind (thanks dad).

8. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I've had the privilege of seeing them twice in my life and both times rank in my top 5 shows of all time. And such a huge part of what made them so rad was Keith just being his bonkers self. RIP dude, hope you start a fucking hell of fire wherever you go next.