Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kehlani - SWEETSEXYSAVAGE (January 27, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Nov 28, 2016.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah, drags a bit towards the end, but excellent overall.

I can't help but think that the trend of releasing Deluxe editions on streaming services are just to take advantage of the whole album listeners and to drive up their streams for Billboard placement. Its really frustrating since it hinders the albums a bit.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Edit: Not digging the backing track, but I guess if you got to dance around like that, it's almost impossible to keep singing at the same time

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

album of the year

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i guess i get criticisms of it "dragging" but every song here seems really beautifully and deliberately crafted and i do not mind hanging out with kehlani for an hour

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  5. trevorshmevor Jan 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 27, 2017)
    Fantastic run of tracks to kick things off, kinda lost me around Advice and didn't really pick up again (the exception being Escape) until Get Like, but then finished strong. Didn't check out the deluxe tracks, just want the standard album right now. Wasn't feeling Do U Dirty at all and I actually laughed out loud at "too much, three much, four much, five much" hah.

Can't believe how strong those first like 8 tracks in a row are though, like damn. After one listen I think I already like this more than the last one, and the bar was not low by any means.

6. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

The Too Much chorus is cringeworthy

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. enlliac Jan 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 27, 2017)
    enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

The first half of this album is so much stronger than the second. Keep On and Piece of Mind I think are my favorites after first listen. Too Much and Hold Me By The Heart are songs that's are probably going to be skipped every time I listen to this

8. Michael

Regular Bitch

I actually kind of like the chorus lol.

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

My two favorites as well, haha

10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"too much" rules, it's like someone left aaliyah's "more than a woman" out in the sun

The Lucky Moose and Aregala like this.
  11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

too much reminds me of Coheed and Cambria for some weird reason lol

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Too Much is solid

13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

There are some amazing songs on this and the whole is very good, but is does feel a little like the "tentative/safe" major label debut at times. Overlong and could use a bit of trimming, but still very strong stuff that I hope finds an audience.

14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Liked this a lot. Wonder how it will hold up through the year.

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah it seems like a fairly safe release, but being her major debut, it's not a bad idea/way to go. It's the next one where we'll want to see some chances taken.

16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

This album is fantastic. It doesn't let up at any point, every song is great. I have no problem with albums having tracklists this long when the quality is there.

17. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

What a crap review lol

19. Booooooo

What a terrible review, and not even because I happen to disagree

20. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I go hard on Personal

21. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Do people read Guardian reviews on music? I didn't know they even wrote them.

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

yeesh

23. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This thing slaps. It's pretty impressive for a debut.

24. I actually until this was released didn't even realize You Should Be Here was considered a mixtape

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

speaking about the length, I would only cut Not Used To It and Everything Is Yours, every other song really has stuck with me so far, solid album