Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Keaton Henson Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RyanRyan, Aug 6, 2016.

1. RyanRyan

The 16th. Four days!

zmtr likes this.
  2. zmtr

Trusted

Yo guys... This fucking RULES

RyanRyan likes this.
  3. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Forgot this was coming out! Feels weird timing because I was SO into Birthdays, and Dear before that too. Absolutely love his live experience too. So much time has passed for me that it feels weird now! I hope I dig it.

4. RyanRyan

Got the deluxe vinyl in the post today. So happy. And sad. The hand-drawn art piece is so cool! Had a great post day today. This and the new Warpaint album, along with the Bioshock Collection have made me a very happy chappy.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

New record is great to no one's surprise

6. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I listened to both The Lucky EP and Kindly Now, and wow, they're both really awesome. I'll definitely be listening to them a lot over the coming months.

RyanRyan likes this.
  7. RyanRyan

Brilliant musician. Glad you agree!

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I've never heard of him before but this is dope

EDIT:
    Actually I know the cover of Birthdays so I may have listened before

9. RyanRyan

New song. Hopefully means a new album incoming!

10. The_Pioneer

Regular

Anyone here been listening to Monument?

RyanRyan likes this.
  11. RyanRyan

B2F6FB37-5B22-4441-9DD7-30936AB48432.jpeg
    My package arrived in the UK and I’m dying to get back to it, but I’m stuck in Japan over Xmas and cannot get home due to corona. I haven’t listened to it yet...I wanted to hear it for the first time on vinyl. Think with everything in mind, I’ll sit down with a drink and listen this weekend. Keaton has been hugely influential in my life and I’m almost scared to listen? How is it?

12. The_Pioneer

Regular

Lol I’m a more casual fan, so take my opinion with a grain of salt .

I’m still feeling it out, but it’s a lot messier and intimate then Kindly Now. A lot of songs that are just him and a guitar or piano and more muted instrumentation even on the “louder” parts. I think it plays it a little more loose with song structure. If you really like his lyrics you’ll probably like these new ones, but they’re sometime not for me and I felt that a little more on this one then the last.

That said, I think Self-Portrait is fantastic in a very uniquely KH way. It’s a slow 6/8 time burner that has a surprising amount of production behind the scenes. Prayer also has a really moving instrumental outro with a ton of strings that makes me want to check out out more of his instrumental work.

Idk. I’m pretty mixed. I’m gonna give it a little more time. Don’t let my opinions hinder you from enjoying it though!

13. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

I listened to the songs that got dropped, but completely missed the album dropping.. Will check it out now. Kind of never expected to get songs in the vein of the earlier albums, not sure why! He seemed, more than most artists, that he might just fade away, as he was always mysterious at the best of times.

14. The_Pioneer

Regular

So… uhh… This cover record has some wild choices lol

15. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

I’d not seen he was doing this. Amazing. Not surprised by the fact he was emo af.