Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Keaton Henson Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RyanRyan, Aug 6, 2016.

1. RyanRyan

[​IMG]

Didn't see a thread here for Keaton - was wondering if anybody else here was as hyped for the new album as I am!

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Really looking forward to it

3. RyanRyan

Me too - for some reason I keep thinking of this as his last album? I don't know, I just think that maybe at some point he's going to tire of the intensely personal, self-deprecating works and work on something a little less intense. Like his electronic stuff or artwork.

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I sure hope not, but I'll follow whatever he does.

5. RyanRyan

Oh definitely yeah. I mean, I've got a Keaton tattoo and for like over a year of my life he was all I'd listen to. I owe a lot to his art. It's just that I think he's made a lot of progress as a person (in as much as I know of the man and his anxieties) since seeing him in 2013 in a tiny little room in a museum, cowering at the crowds and having previously ran from gigs prior to the museum tour. It's like, I don't want him to be sad and alone but I'm a selfish consumer and that's what he does best.

6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah, his health comes first. Haha. That's awesome that you have a Keaton tattoo. Seems like this thread is gonna be pretty quiet, unfortunately.

7. Inna Selez

Regular

Keaton has own style and charm. It is easy to recognize his voice and music. Here is my favorite song and video.

RyanRyan likes this.
  8. RyanRyan

Yeah, I acrually spoke to him briefly about getting it done and then emailed his management for permission - my tattoo artist said she wouldn't touch me without his permission. It was pretty cool to have his approval!

Yeah, this is my favourite of his videos. The footsteps, the breathing, the acoustic, the added 'to your health' verse. Yes!

9. RyanRyan

[​IMG]
    Premieres Thursday!

10. RyanRyan

New song from his upcoming album.

11. Inna Selez

Regular

Simply beautiful and pathetically like always.

12. RyanRyan

Keaton Henson's new album is now available to stream. Go go!

13. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Hot damn, can't wait for this. Love this guy. So wonderful

14. RyanRyan

I'm three songs in and I think this is bloody marvellous...ly depressing. In a good way. I love it.

15. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

So far, this is really good!

16. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Like, I don't think I could listen to this on repeat because it's so heavy, but he does such a good job capturing emotion in his songwriting.

17. RyanRyan

The guitar in Comfortable Love is just. Yes.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  18. RyanRyan

Keaton Henson's music has so many negative connotations for me, which I won't go into. But this new album drove me to daytime drinking. And I feel as though that's an achievement, in a stupid way. But also a massive flaw on my part. I don't know. Either way, this album is everything I wanted it to be.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I'm excited for a dreary winter morning commute where I can throw this on. I think that's when I'll truly appreciate it most!

RyanRyan likes this.
  20. RyanRyan

This is one of those albums where the environment you're in while you listen really matters, yeah. I'm lame, so naturally I drew the curtains and put it on. I can see people being put off by some of the songs being so. Well. Keaton. But I truly love this, and I'm glad.

21. RyanRyan

Old Lovers In Dressing Rooms is one of Keaton's saddest songs, if not THE saddest. It's my absolute favourite from the new album, and it really just stings. From what I'm gathering, it essentially describes the love of his life, and muse for his previous works, unintentionally devaluing and belittling all of the songs and art he made for and about her. The conversational format, too...it somehow makes what's being said even more hurtful, despite that clearly not being her intention. Having followed Keaton's music for years now, and knowing how lonely and upset he's been over failed romances, it's just an awful thing to hear summarised in a simple conversation. It's so human.

'Was it really that worth writing about? They say your record deal is over now. Did you love me like the way you wrote? I'm afraid so.'

'And was it really how you sing it dear? All I remember was the blood and tears.'

She doesn't feel half as strongly about their fleeting romance, has moved on, and clearly hasn't given it much thought since. She just jokes about him being famous and how surprised she is that he's still writing about it. Man. It's just really difficult to listen to, especially as I've been in a remarkably similar situation. I'm not one to be like 'oh, me too! I know your PAIN, this song is about MEEE', so I won't try to compare it and go into depth - I'm sure everybody has something in common with Keaton's music. I don't know though. This is such a sad, sad album. Maybe I'm being dramatic.

22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I've never listened to him before, but definitely going to check this new album out as from what I've read it sounds like something I would enjoy.

23. RyanRyan

Start with The Lucky EP. Trust me. To Your Health is scathing and sad, and that EP is one my favourite pieces of music.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  24. zmtr

Trusted

Have only heard "The Pugilist" but wow... what a fucking song.

RyanRyan likes this.
  25. zmtr

Trusted

When is this actually out?