Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Keane to Release New Album This Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Keane are currently finishing up a new album.

Keane, one of Britain’s best and most beloved bands, are currently putting the finishing touches to a brand new studio album, their first since ‘Strangeland’ in 2012, set for release later this year.
    A stunning recent appearance on the BBC’s Comic Relief, performing ‘Somewhere Only We Know’, sent fans on social media into overdrive. It was like they’d never been away.

After releasing two highly successful solo albums during Keane’s hiatus, frontman Tom Chaplin found himself meeting up with Tim Rice-Oxley, Keane’s songwriter and pianist, and listening to songs that Tim had planned on releasing as part of a solo project. Tom was incredibly moved by the honesty of the writing and knew immediately that he wanted to help bring these emotional songs to life.

“I thought it was the most personal, most vulnerable set of songs that I’d ever heard,” says Tom Chaplin, “and I was very drawn to that. It felt like a story that I could help articulate.”

Tom and Tim soon found themselves in the studio with their old mates, drummer Richard Hughes and bassist Jesse Quin, working on an album that they’re all extremely proud of.

Keane have already announced European festival appearances for the summer including a headlining appearance at Cornbury Festival July 6th and British Summer Time Hyde Park as special guests to Robbie Williams July 14th.

2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

SO PUMPED. LOVE THESE GUYS.

moura and Gooddayz like this.
  3. moura

Regular

I came around to Strangeland a couple years ago and I love that album. Top 3 because Under the Iron Sea and Hopes & Fears have to be 1 and 2.

Brother Beck likes this.
  4. This is a win for humanity. So happy to hear a new LP is nearing.

Brother Beck likes this.