Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kaytranada - 99.9% (May 6, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, May 3, 2016.

1. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

debut album from the producer, featuring anderson.paak, vic mensa, badbadnotgood, alunageorge, craig david, goldlink, syd from the internet, and little dragon.

first review ive seen is extremely positive, high hopes: Album Of The Week: Kaytranada 99.9%

2. cherrywaves

Trusted

Is this kinda house rap style? Just kinda guessing from the Vic Mensa and Goldlink mentions

3. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

kinda, but not really. he's kind of all over the place. he got his start remixing janet on soundcloud, he just featured on the internet's ego death last year as a producer too. heres the anderson paak song

4. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

If Anderson .Paak is involved in any way, I will listen.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

For whatever reason, I'm not really into the Anderson track, and I dig him

6. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Really like the Paak song and songs he's done with Mick Jenkins so I am excited about this.

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Glowed Up is amazing. I'm curious about a few tracks on here but not overly excited for the album as a whole. Hope I'm wrong though. Could be great summer party music.

8. marceting

Trusted

The review mentions his song with Craig David. Very much looking forward to that.

9. Inna Selez

Regular

A perfectionist inside of me is going crazy, where is 0.01% ???

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I am shocked this album seems to be making the impression it is. Kinda can't wait to hear it now.

12. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Few tracks in and it's so fun! Could be 2016's Settle tbh.

13. marceting

Trusted

That was the best dance album in years. If this even got close to it, I'd lose my mind.

14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I'm a bit deeper into the album now and that comparison seems less apt. But the first 4 songs at least made me think Settle. In the mid section now which is a lot more hip hop influenced.

15. marceting

Trusted

Either way, this sounds like it's gonna be great. Should be on Spotify soon...

16. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Waiting for someone to mash up Vivid Dreams and the LifeCall commercial

17. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Glad I actually saw this thread, just downloaded and about to get into it!

18. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

I guess I should check this out?

19. RealVile

This is exactly the kinda music I've been looking for recently, love that chill liquidy vibe

20. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Aluna track is a blast.

21. marceting

Trusted

One Too Many is everything I wanted from this. Beautiful soundscape with a jazzy beat and harmonies galore. This is what new Disclosure should be sounding like. Kaytranda did good.

22. RealVile

This shit is seriously good

23. irthesteve

This is pretty cool, nothing initially jumps out as WOW, but overall it's got a great vibe and stays interesting throughout

24. irthesteve

25. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to this for the first time through yesterday and I was pretty into it, the song with Syd was surprisingly dance oriented, super dope