Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Katy Perry Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, Jun 1, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think there is an interesting conversation in here that boils down to streaming vs physical in a lot of ways. Not to diminish Katy of Gaga's latest album sales numbers, but I have to think that without streaming it would have been a different story.

Before Spotify, for example, metrics were completely based off essentially spending $10 on an artist to hear their new album, but today you essentially do that same thing for free. You have to imagine that there are WAY more people who will listen to the new album from Katy or Gaga out of curiousity, but they wouldn't be willing to spend $10 on it, ya know?

Either way, they both did the best in their respective weeks, regardless of lead single(s) performance, but it's very interesting to me the way it all pans out in 2017 versus even 5 years ago

2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

That shows in the numbers, I think. Actual album sales are around 175,000, according to the article.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  3. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Now estimated at about 190,000 in sales.

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My love of Save As Draft started off kinda ironic and now I highkey love it and sing along to it dramatically in the car

5. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I really disliked her interview with Pod Save The People. She kinda just sounded like she didn't know anything. I know she's on her own journey to be more of an activist and that she lives her life under a microscope. It's most likely unfair of me to expect nuanced dialogue on her past history of cultural appropriation. Still, she chose to have this conversation in public (as promo) and she doesn't talk about anything specific that leads me to believe she's "woke" or however else she's presenting herself these days. All blessings and I hope she continues her journey.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

demo Katy did of the Britney song Passenger which she co-wrote

7. Both versions are good, I think it sounds more unique with Britney's vocals.

8. Clockwork

Regular

I think Katy/her team might actually be trying to sabotage this era

9. Kiana

My fave song off the album!!

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ok I don't actually think this is bad as I thought it was anymore. Hey Hey Hey is so much fun I feel like that could be a huge hit.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. Kiana

I didn't watch the whole thing cause it felt like it took half my life and also there were ridic fat jokes, but I think this is like the first time I don't totally hate her hair this era. Also I wish this had been more of a throwback space jam tribute video

14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

that was beyond terrible

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, this was awful. I'm sure Katy Perry's received lots of bad advice, but one of the worst had to be someone telling her she's a good physical comedian. That and the desperate pleas to get the young YouTube meme crowd was mind-bogglingly bad.

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What the hell did I just watch and did she really put the Shooting Stars meme in her video and even more importantly why did this all happen?

17. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I feel like there were 2 kinda genuine moments in that video.

Molly Shannon pleading for help on the sideline and Nicki telling Katy to get it together.

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I'd also say the "Stranger Things" kid is probably having a great time.

And also that most of the cast deserve better than this....except Gronk.

19. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I got a few chuckles. Namely Gronkowski's "When does football season start" sign.

20. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

[​IMG]

Anyways Carly is gonna be the opener for her tour date here and I'm contemplating going

21. Kiana

For real I might go cause of crj too. And I did see Katy before on the California dreams tour and it was fun and she wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be at all, tho it was better material to work with and she didn't have the scent of desperation she has now lol

22. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I was considering going just cause tickets are like $50 on SeatGeek, but CRJ pushed it over for me. At the very worst Katy's set will be a fun train wreck so it'll be well worth it I think

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I feel like she'd still be fun, like I'd be all whatever not feeling this era who cares then be all
    upload_2017-8-24_19-48-59.jpeg
    boom boom boom even brighter than the moon moon moon

24. Kiana Sep 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2017)
    Kiana

Not that it's the sole reason whatsoever, but I wonder how much her hair played into her flopage. Because as much as I hate to admit it, I do think it impacted things a bit for me, like how I perceived the era. Her black hair and colored wigs were more of a standout iconic look to me that just felt very popstar, whereas the short blonde hair reminded me of Miley so I think before even really listening to anything from the era I was like welp, this is her tryhard desperate era. It's interesting to think about, or maybe I'm just the only weirdo who thinks about image so much lol.

edit: and okay as I was googling pics of her to get to the bottom of this, and like I don't condone the velvet revival but I'd wear tf out of this outfit

[​IMG]

25. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I would also wear that outfit, especially if those are fishnets under the dress. Issa l o o k.

I thought she looked good as a blonde, would love to see her blonde with longer hair but I can't speak on it cause I totally have a thing for blondes. I absolutely relate hair to eras though, I have since Gerard Way made a point of going platinum for the Black Parade. I don't think that's a bad thing at all. I didn't get Miley vibes though.