Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Katy Perry Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, Jun 1, 2016.

1. marceting

Trusted

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, that trust me daddy was pure cringe.

marceting likes this.
  3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Marina actually opened for Katy on tour once. I don't know if they keep in touch or not, they don't really tweet about each other or anything, but it could work. Electra Heart was super poppy and I could see some Katy fans liking that record. Especially since most people initially thought "Primadonna" was actually a Katy song.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'm at the very least intrigued by purity ring collabs

5. I was one of them lol. It is kind of weird how I often forgot about the Electric Heart era while making that post. Its sounds, her image, the stylish music videos, it was like the complete popstar package to me. I'm surprised she didn't get as big as I expected with that album. I mean, I think she was already succesful before, but thought she'd get on Katy Perry popularity levels. I'm wondering if she will return to that big boom-y poppy sound, because her posts from the last few months have been very nostalgic of that era.

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I still jam hard to her first album

You're not a maaaaaan, you're just a MAAAAAAANNEQUUUUUUIN

But then ur so gay comes on after and I get sad

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. musicandlyrics

Xaxa Mckenzie

I am in love with Katy Perry since day 1 and I must that she really change.

Although I found the music video of Bon Appetit creepy, Katy is pretty.

8. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Yeah as gorgeous as I think Katy Perry is, that video is weird and tbh watching Katy Perry get manhandled literally like a piece of meat was a little uncomfortable. Idk if she was trying to make some sort of statement with the ending, but it fell flat for me.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

1. Witness | Katy Perry, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha & Ali Payami
    2. Hey Hey Hey | Katy Perry, Max Martin, Sia Furler, Ali Payami & Sarah Hudson
    3. Roulette | Max Martin, Ali Payami, Shellback & Ferras Alqaisi
    4. Swish Swish (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Katy Perry, Duke Dumont, Brittany Hazzard, Sarah Hudson, Onika Miraj & PJ “Promnite” Sledge
    5. Déjà Vu | Katy Perry, Hayden James, Ferras Alqaisi & Thomas Stell
    6. Power | Katy Perry & Jack Garratt
    7. Mind Maze | Katy Perry, Ali Payami, Corin Roddick, Sarah Hudson & Megan James
    8. Miss You More | Katy Perry, Ali Payami, Corin Roddick, Sarah Hudson & Megan James
    9. Chained to the Rhythm (feat. Skip Marley) | Katy Perry, Max Martin, Sia Furler, Ali Payami & Skip Marley
    10. Tsunami | Katy Perry, Michael Williams, Marcus Bell, Sarah Hudson & Mia Moretti
    11. Bon Appétit (feat. Migos) | Max Martin, Kirsnick Ball, Quavious Marshall, Oscar Holter, Shellback, Kiari Cephus, Katy Perry & Ferras Alqaisi
    12. Bigger Than Me | Katy Perry, Sarah Hudson, Corin Roddick, Megan James & Oscar Holter

Deluxe Version

1. Save As Draft | Katy Perry, Elof Loelv, Noonie Bao, DJ Mustard, Max Martin & Twice As Nice
    2. Pendulum | Katy Perry, Jeff Bhasker & Sarah Hudson
    3. Into Me You See | Katy Perry, Alexis Goddard, Joe Taylor & Ferras Alqaisi

10. Clockwork

Regular

Bigger than Me's the Hillary song right? Kind of dreading it. Not that a song about the election couldn't be killer, but idk about Katy handling it.

Also sort of weird the last track has so many cowriter. That's normally where she takes the lead, and it's had a 100% success rate so far imo.

skogsraet likes this.
  11. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Post Malone and J Cole both released songs in the last year called Deja Vu and now Katy. Weird trend.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. Kiana

Shakira also has a song rn called Deja Vu. Some joke about getting deja vu from these song titles is waiting to be made

iCarly Rae Jepsen and skogsraet like this.
  13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It'll never be Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz's "Deja Vu (Uptown Baby)"

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Queen and originator of trends

15. Matthewconte Jun 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2017)
    Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

30+ years earlier:

skogsraet likes this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Witness is out in two days and this has to be her worst showing ever for week-of release.

Swish Swish is at #78, Bon Appetit at #96 on the charts

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This feels like it will be her "Bionic," with some really bad picks for singles, along with her making some really odd choices when it comes to her live performances.

18. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

oof

19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

One of the residual effects of this tanking is the right-wing narrative that Perry's album bombed since she went political and backed Clinton, instead of, you know, her being in a tailspin since "Dark Horse."

mattfreaksmeout and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Katy wishes she could make a song as amazing as Vanity

Kiana and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  21. Kiana

Yeah I will not stand for Bionic being done this dirrty!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I was talking in sales and general reception.

23. Kiana Jun 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2017)
    Kiana

It doesn't matter tbh!!! Bionic was a unique fall from grace. I think people sorta expected Katy to fall someday for not being perceived as a very talented singer or performer or songwriter. Idk anyone who is that surprised about it

24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Listen, I know there are some Xtina stans in here, but I think the comparison still tracks. Two massive albums followed by diminishing returns and both jumping ship to TV shows to stay in the spotlight.

25. Kiana Jun 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2017)
    Kiana

Nothing to do with stanning. I just dont think its comparable. I consider it different because she started slipping with prism. It did okay and had some big singles but the album had so so reception and it had some failed singles as well, which proved she wasn't the guaranteed hit machine of teenage dream anymore. it makes her decline seem more gradual to me, which TD was so massive I think she sorta had no way but down. bionic was more of a hard crash. Katy gradually slipping from the top is just sorta the nature of things. I guess I find bionic comparisons lazy and inaccurate

I edited this a billion times cause i have #thoughts