Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Katy Perry Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, Jun 1, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

But if Robyn and Nicki collaborated it would probably kill me

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't want to put too much emphasis on one slightly awkward performance, but I don't know the way she acted during the Migos feature on SNL just kind of makes me feel like it's not something she's into at tall or that she even likes, and that it's just there to make her cool. It just seemed unnatural and she seemed uncomfortable. I don't know maybe I'm wrong and she really does love these songs, but it just kind of feels like her trying to do what's hip.

One of the Boys was great and Teenage Dream is an undeniable pop classic. I don't think Prism was bad per say but just very bland. Although I'm 100% behind Dark Horse - I loved that one from the second I heard it.

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

and i thought drake's diss tracks were bad and boring

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  4. musicandlyrics

Xaxa Mckenzie

Katy Perry's collaboration with Nicki Minaj is perfect.

5. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

marceting and sophos34 like this.
  6. Swish reminds me a lot of Katy B. I'm into it for the moment

7. I agree with the takes on her being lost since Prism. I don't think the amount of cowrites is the problem. She's simply not surrounded by fitting songwriters or idk, maybe they are and she's just writing bad stuff over their songs. She needs to step up because otherwise she'll become another Christina Aguilera and vanish from the music scene. That would be such a waste of her talents. There are so many artists I want her to collab with :

- Charli XCX
    - Marina Diamandis
    - Pharell Williams
    - Tinashe
    - MNEK
    - Ariel Rechtshaid
    - Florence & The Machine
    - The Weeknd
    - Xenomania
    - The-Dream

And that's just on the top off my head. Like, I have nothing against her, but a Katy Perry song feat. Nicki Minaj feels so 2010/2011. I can't see those singles and the album do well with the pop trends currently going around. I miss the One Of The Boys and Teenage Dream eras. Something went wrong after the rerelease of the latter, and idk why.

oh and Carly Rae Jepsen

seriously Carly released the best pop album of the 2010's, sorry Katy and Robyn

8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think Katy and Christina have different problems

9. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

I need this in my life

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

12. irthesteve

Her attitude, and the way she tells the story, turns me off too. I dunno, there have been so many articles about Taylor leading up to this new album release, Katy seems to be leaning on the drama for promo

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I honestly don't believe at least half of these "beefs". Especially one like this, where neither side comes out looking particularly bad. Helps Katy on her album cycle, and it keeps Taylor's name circulating as she prepares for her next album.

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Agree with all of this.
    My expectations are low for this new album, although I seem to be one of the few who actually enjoys Swish Swish.

15. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I just feel sorry for the dancers really... having to dance next to Katy or Taylor... woof.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I hope they at least got a shark costume

17. Kiana

I'm sure the truth is in the middle. I believe Katy's dancers wanted to leave to tour with her. But it's clearly more personal than that. But I honestly don't fault her for speaking about it now. If Taylor can talk about it in an interview and bring the feud to light for promo and do that whole ridiculous video to draw attention to it, Katy can talk about it lol. They both brought it up for promo so it's whatever. Both wrote mediocre songs about it because they're cornballs. I'd say they're about even and should both let it go now lol. But I don't blame Katy for bringing it up now. When Taylor was in gear for 1989 she was untouchable. I'd wait a little too lol.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Cornball is the best noun for these two. Thought the beat for the song was great, the rest, no so much.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. you think so ? i wasn't sure when i made the comparison, because Christina didn't start declining the same way as Katy. there's just something about that era that takes me back to the time around Bionic's release.

20. Kiana

I'm a minority opinion I guess because I love Bionic lol, but if you look at who actually worked on that album it's full of super talented women. I think xtina was legitimately excited about bionic but gave up on it due to embarrassment of the floppage and then she came in and phoned in Lotus because she wasn't ready/inspired to put out a new album. I'd also argue that xtina is more similar to demi lovato in the sense that they're lazy and feel entitled to success because they have decent voices. Xtina is def more of a burn out than fade away

Idk what Katy's deal is. The way she described Prism before it came out is not what it ended up being. With her I wonder if she's scared to go outside the box or succumbs to pressure of what's expected of her? Idk. I feel like she hasn't been good at evolving her shtick/persona or her music and people are catching on.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Agree with everything except "Part of Me" being her best song. I always found that one to be super generic.

24. irthesteve

via pitchfork

According to iTunes credits, Purity Ring worked on three songs from the album, while Hot Chip produced the album’s closing track. Also on the album are Duke Dumont and Promnite (who produced “Swish Swish”), Mike WiLL Made-It, and Jeff Bhasker.

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That seems a bit more promising.