Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Katy Perry Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, Jun 1, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I could see Swish Swish being a hit honestly, but these songs are just kind of disheartening so far. She's capable of so much, but these just aren't reaching the same heights as some of her other stuff.

2. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Pretty sure SS was played at the gay club I just went to about 3 or 4 times within an hour

I love me some Duke Dumont so I'm not even gonna lie I'm boppin. The lyrics are atrocious as usual but that's expected

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

There was that over-the-top rollout for Chained and now Swish Swish got released and I heard literally nothing about it before coming here, such a weird "strategy"

Tbh I don't even really like Katy but she looks so hot in Bon Appetit I can't deal with it, plus the song is kinda fun

4. Inna Selez

Regular

Masons are everywhere :scream:

[​IMG]

5. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Fixed that for you.

Barcara likes this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

She looks like that was the first time she heard this.

skogsraet likes this.
  11. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Wow "Swish Swish" is bad. Starting to really worry about this album.

12. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I don't understand this era of Katy Perry

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Katy Perry doesn't understand this era of Katy Perry.

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Major, major props to her for getting away from Dr Luke... But it seems he might have been her hit maker

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

She's trying so hard to be weird but she's a normie

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I don't think she needs Dr. Luke honestly. My fave songs off her debut he didn't even touch. I think she's been fumbling since Prism and idk why.

17. Clockwork

Regular

I can't decide if this is her going off the rails or if her label is forcing her to make another album since it's been nearly 4 years and she just doesn't care about it at all. She's still 1.5/3 for me, though, so could be worse I guess.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  18. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I 100% agree, Prism def felt fumbled to me. I still don't know why Dark Horse was a hit. I can't even remember how it goes (I got ET stuck in my head while trying).

I follow Katy Perry because I love pop music but to be completely honest, everything she's done after One of the Boys feels like thinly veiled attempts by industry people around her to follow every single trend (and they're always late to it), right down to the Migos feature.

I'll see myself out to the unpopular music opinions thread lol

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah Prism wasn't good. Haven't listened to any new songs yet

20. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Bon Appetit and Chained are so far the only two Katy songs that I like...weird.

21. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Prism was mostly terrible, but there were a few songs toward the end that were decent. The fewer co-writers she works with, the better.

22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Dark Horse is a top 5 Katy song but the rest of that album is trash

23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It feels like Katy Perry's been lost since after "Teenage Dream," starting with them trying to cash in and break Michael Jackson's #1 single streak with the re-release and those generic singles.

As others have said, where Rihanna and Taylor, etc., have defined personalities, she comes across as more of a trend-driven artist going with whatever's hot. Her having a chorus that says "Swish swish bish" is embarrassing. She doesn't have the delivery to pull that line off without coming as super cornball.

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

swish swish is an amazing beat ruined by katy perry being horrible

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

imagine robyn over swish swish like goddamn anyone but katy perry needs this beat