Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Katy Perry Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, Jun 1, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Meh

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Not that impressed. Hook is kinda weak imo.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It's not like break out into sudden dance good but it's bop a bit in my vanity chair as I get ready good so I accept it and allowed it into my spotify playlist

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

She kinda sounds..... bored? Something about the way she sings the song doesn't fit the vibe of the song to me. Like, she is singing these party dance energetic words, but her voice is... taking a nap

5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea this is a dud. Sounds like a Shakira b-side.

6. 0/2 so far /:

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

You sure can tell Sia co-wrote this one.

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Crazy that Katy Perry had such a hot streak of singles with "Teenage Dream" and since then, has been routinely releasing duds. This single is no different.

9. I liked most of her latest album but she seems to be struggling to reach the highs of the Teenage Dream era. I can't think of another mainstream pop album that defined the early 2010's as much as this one.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I like it.. Much better than the last song she released, even though that was a one off. Very curious how the rest of the album will sound like.

11. Kiana

What shaki vibes are you picking up?

12. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

i actually don't hate it

13. Kiana

After a few more listen it feels lackluster and like it has potential to go somewhere but sounds a bit unfinished. I like it but I'm not hyped for it.

But I am intrigued by this era and interested to see katy's version of being political? She already said she's part of the problem too so I'm interested to see if/how she has grown in that regard and what this era will look like

14. SteveLikesMusic

The beat, the vocal style, and the lyrics focusing around how much one can love a song and dance to the rhythm of it.

15. Kiana

Tbh all I can hear is Sia. It's so Sia distinctive

16. SteveLikesMusic

Definitely that, too. Cheap Thrills, specifically.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this song is one of the most interesting songs by a major pop song i've heard in a while. don't think it's necessarily that good but i like it, but lyrically it's pretty dark and interesting compared to a lot of other stuff out there by artists of her level. it's not a megahit with super contagious melodies (though it's catchy) but i'm very intrigued to say the least

18. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I wanted to like this so much more than I did :tear:

19. I'm eating my words, it has already grown on me and I keep finding new things to like each new listen.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm glad she's acknowledging her privilege unlike some people, Taylor what's good

And this will grow on me I'm sure

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Tbh I wasn't even paying attention to the lyrics my first couple listens, guess I'll have to listen again with that in mind... usually I'm not expecting much in that dept. from her haha

22. Kiana

They're not deep or super specific but it's cool to see a popstar of her caliber come out with a lead single about the current political climate.

She's always had a weird way of shoehorning syllables into her songs in odd places. I got past it with Thinking of You and am now like meh it's her weird signature style of singing I'll allow it even tho sometimes I'm like SIS really

23. angrycandy

this might be my least favorite song of hers

24. angrycandy

never mind

forgot about This Is How We Do

25. Kiana

Ur so gay wants to have a word with u