Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Katy Perry Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Wiki: Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson (born October 25, 1984), known professionally as Katy Perry, is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. After singing in church during her childhood, she pursued a career in gospel music as a teenager. Perry signed with Red Hill Records and released her debut studio album Katy Hudson under her birth name in 2001, which was commercially unsuccessful. She moved to Los Angeles the following year to venture into secular music after Red Hill ceased operations. After adopting the stage name Katy Perry and being dropped by The Island Def Jam Music Group and Columbia Records, she signed a recording contract with Capitol Records in April 2007.

2. Kiana

I feel like a lot of ppl hate her for some justified reasons but I love One of the Boys and Teenage Dream so much. Like sis might not be likable but she has put out some jams. Also while googling some bios on her there were numerous ones that brought up her boobs a lot so that was gross.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

new song

Eric Wilson likes this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

5. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

I listened to the first 30 seconds got bored and went back to Make Me

6. Kiana

It's okay but her "empowerment" songs are always so :sleeping:

Seems more promotional than a legit album song and ppl keep saying it's for the olympics so maybe. I hope so cause I need her to deliver this era. California Gurls came on the radio yesterday and I forgot what a jam that song is.

ryan.conde likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah it's for the Olympics, but the only acceptable Olympics song is Rio by Duran Duran

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yawn

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Eric Wilson likes this.
  11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

beachdude42, Eric Wilson and Kiana like this.
  13. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Come thru Katheryn, giving us the Disco Pop album Gaga should've!

14. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

somebody go find one and listen!

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Sia co-wrote it

16. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Produced by Max Martin

17. Clockwork

Regular

You can listen to 30 seconds here:

Not sure so far. It sounds like a mixture of This is How We Do and Walking on Air, which I like, but I'm not sure about it as a first single.

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

20. Kiana

Tbh if I saw a random disco ball hanging out I'd ignore it. I also wouldn't set out to look for one for like any artist but none were near me so I guess I couldn't anyway.

Telling ppl to leave their homes and do something?? That's too wild katherine!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  21. Clockwork

Regular

First impression was a little underwhelming, but I honestly love it after a few relistens. The outro kills.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The question is... is it better than Rise? 'Cause that one was very mediocre.

23. Clockwork

Regular

This is 10 times better than Rise. Almost anything is

24. Kiana Feb 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 9, 2017)
    Kiana

Out of all the popstars I never expected Katy to end up being so politically outspoken let alone release a political song

Also ngl the other day I had Rise in my head and idek why cause I havent heard it in months

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

The chorus feels like Taylor to me.