Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Katy Perry - Smile (August 28, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jul 9, 2020.

1. btr

Trusted Supporter

Tracklist

1. Never Really Over
    2. Cry About It Later
    3. Teary Eyes
    4. Daisies
    5. Resilient
    6. Not The End of the World
    7. Smile
    8. Champagne Problems
    9. Tucked
    10. Harleys in Hawaii
    11. Only Love
    12. What Makes a Woman

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Small Talk should’ve been on the album!!!!

btr and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  3. Clockwork

Regular

She’s been playlist snippets on her Sunday livestreams. Not huge on Cry About it Later right now, but everything else sounds great, especially Resilient imo.

4. fbrrocks

Trusted

5. this is good

6. Clockwork

Regular

7. Clockwork

Regular

Love this one but it’s way too short.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]

10. btr

Trusted Supporter

That record is STACKED

JamesMichael and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Legend

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  12. Clockwork

Regular

I’m waiting till Friday, but some people have gotten their vinyl records early and the whole thing finally leaked last night.

13. Clockwork

Regular

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Going into it now, and I'm pretty excited

Cry About It Later is a heater

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. Clockwork

Regular

I love the whole thing. It’s a little short but it slaps pretty much from start to finish. As weird as it is, besides NRO my favorites are the slower more serious songs, so I kind of hope she feels like she can go in a more acoustic direction in the future.

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoy most of this. Cry About It Later, Champagne Problems, and Tucked are all great - exactly what I was hoping for. Teary Eyes feels a little too samey after Cry About It, and Resilient just isn't my kind of song, but other than that I'm pretty into it. I like that she kind of plays with the disco/dua vibe on some of this but it still feels like Katy.

17. This is really solid. It might not have the highs of some of her best hits but it makes for one of her most consistent album though. High On Your Supply is excellent and should have made it onto the main album as well.

18. I liked this. Feels more disjointed sonically than her records have been in the past, but it was all good stuff so it’s hard to care. The one-two lunch of Champagne Problems and Tucked was great. Record goes out on a bit of a whimper after those though. Overall without a doubt her best since Teenage Dream

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I kind of wish she would've cut Teary Eyes and kept Small Talk. It's just too jarring going from Cry About It Later to that. It feels like she couldn't decide which dance through the sadness anthem to go for so she just put both - which could be fine but they literally have the opposite message (dance the tears away vs. dance through the tears). Can't do both Katy.. I admit I might be over critical of those kinds of songs because Paramore set the bar so high for that subject matter that everything else comes across cheesy to me.

But I am honestly nit picking. I enjoyed Resilient and Not the End of the World a lot more this go around. And I agree this is definitely her best and most consistent since Teenage Dream.

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

If you want to check out an artist with very similar vibes to Katy Perry, check out Norwegian artist Julie Bergen

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

I don't know how this album flew under the radar for me, but I'm just listening to it for the first time now. Wow, I actually really love this! Never Really Over is still a friggin banger, over a year later. Also loving Cry About it Later, Daisies, Tucked and the closer.

Just looked up the stats on the album, and I'm shocked by how poorly it performed (for her standards). Debuted at #5 and fell off pretty quickly. None of the singles took off either. Weird, I feel like this is her best album since Teenage Dream.

Clockwork likes this.
  22. They blew it with the post-Never Really Over release strategy and took way too long to put it out so it's not surprising.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Never paid much attention to Tucked on my first few listens but it kind of goes off

Clockwork likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

who's that girl

mattfreaksmeout likes this.