Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Katy Perry Has Number One Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Katy Perry has the number one album in the country this week:

Katy Perry claims her third No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart, as her latest release, Witness, debuts atop the list. The set, which was released on June 9 through Capitol Records, earned 180,000 equivalent album units in the week ending June 15, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 162,000 are in traditional album sales.

Rise Against came in at number nine:

Rock band Rise Against clocks the fourth and final debut in the top 10, as its new album Wolves arrives at No. 9 with 29,000 units (27,000 in traditional album sales).

2. bloodinthesand

Regular

Rise Against still doing well!!

Turkeylegz likes this.
  3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

How on earth did she get number one with bon appetit being so horrendous?

I used to love Katy Perry, but oh my god her new songs are atrocious.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  4. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Surprising, work at target and haven't sold a copy yet.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I could understand if it was mostly streaming numbers but she sold 162k copies! That really blows my mind!

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I like her album. Singles are the worst on the album but it's better than Prism which I hated. I'm surprised it sold so well. Her first week numbers are never very strong for a popstar of her caliber when she has a hit leading single, let alone the poorly received ones she's released so far.

7. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Me too. I checked on the MyDevice and we sold one copy in the first week. We have 70 copies.

SeeTheLights likes this.
  8. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Is it just me or does that seem incredibly low for Rise Against? Just an arbitrary comparison but The Wonder Years did 22,000 first week in fall 2015.

CMilliken likes this.
  9. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Also of interest: All Time Low went from #9 last week to completely off the Billboard 200.

10. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

That bums me out. I love the new album.

11. Behind the Barricade

Holy shit! I'm assuming this happened before (a band debuting in the top 10 and then out the next week). I wonder who was the last artist that happened to.

12. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

I'll have to check when I go in today if we've sold any. It is the whole top shelf of our new released cd endcap. Speaking of CDs, did you sell any of those Garth Brooks megapack CDs back during Christmas?

Turkeylegz likes this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Rise Against's sales 50% lower than the sales of Black Market. Crazy....I think Virgin messed up with promoting The Violence as the lead single. Its the weakest track on the new album.

Wish these guys would just sign with Epitaph or Fat Wreck Chords haha.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  14. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Oh man, maybe that's the kick in the ass they need to write a good record.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  15. Behind the Barricade

Looking at their discography on Wikipedia and following their trend, I think they'll do one more on Virgin and then it's up in the air again. This was a pretty heavy album which I think RA is better at than mainstream rock. I can even see Rise being an option but it'll depend on this latest OM&M album and if FFDP gets their shit straight.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  16. Turkeylegz

Trusted

About 4. I had an entire 4 hour shift earlier this year packaging up our massive stock to send back. We still joke about it. It took 3 of us.
    I saw a bunch if pictures of it for like $5 at Goodwill. I wonder what circle of hell it will be sent to after it doesnt sell there.