Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Katie Pruitt - Expectations (February 21, 2020) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Oct 17, 2019.

1. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

This is easily my favorite record so far this year and I had never even heard of her before this came out.

Matt Chylak and Craig Manning like this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

@Craig Manning this is the kinda shit you have to pull me into the thread for!!! I kept seeing her name around, just listned to a few songs, gotta listen to it all now!

cshadows2887 and Craig Manning like this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Sorry! I haven't shut up about it since October, so I thought I'd bothered everyone about it by now. Guess not. At least yo're here now, though!

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

[​IMG]

Craig Manning likes this.
  5. zmtr

Trusted

Heard this for the first time today and I’m obsessed. Just bought tickets to see her 4 hours away in Indianapolis in April

Ferrari333SP and Craig Manning like this.
  6. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

That title track tho...

7. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

My favorite of the live EP songs was "My Mind's A Ship That's Going Down" and it's going to be hard to knock it off. It had a bit of a head start.

8. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

“Normal” and “Georgia” didn’t clue ya in? Haha

9. Craig Manning

Spun this on vinyl a lot this week.

10. Matt Chylak

Lol we’re just going to bump this thread every day until everybody on the site listens to it.

11. Craig Manning

Gotta make up for it having almost no posts for like three months!

12. Matt Chylak

I’ve been thinking about that a lot in the context of modern album rollouts. It generally seems like no one is able to talk in depth about songs anymore. Even massive artists on this site, it’s just large(r) numbers of people predominantly saying “I like this/I don’t like this”, but when the full album drops the conversation tends to evolve and have a bit more nuance. Maybe that’s just in my own head.

13. Craig Manning

Maybe people aren't listening to new songs a ton when they come out? I know I generally try to avoid overplaying new tracks before the album is out. Even with this, where I had the whole album, I tried to be sparing with my plays because I wanted it to still have a lot of magic for me when it actually came out.

14. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

nope!

15. zmtr

Trusted

Matthewconte likes this.
  16. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

YO THIS ALBUM

17. Craig Manning

The rare record where everyone I've showed it to so far has absolutely loved it.

18. zmtr

Trusted

Been listening to it 2-3 times a day.

Aregala and Ferrari333SP like this.
  19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

yo @Aregala listen to this album. change your life

Aregala and Craig Manning like this.
  20. eagles1139

Regular

Wow I was losing my mind trying to think of how I was familiar with Katie Pruitt, and I just realized she opened for Ruston Kelly at a tiny venue in Boston like a year and a half ago. I remember it being one of the only shows where my friend and I were talking about how good the opener we’d never heard of was.

Her songs are so great that as I give this album a first listen, I can remember exactly which ones she performed at that little concert. Grateful to have seen her live and really hope she gains popularity because she’s an unreal songwriter.

21. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

absolutely gobsmacked by how good this is

thank you thank you thank you @unbornwhiskey

22. zmtr

Trusted

I've been showing this album to people constantly and I always make sure to play the end of "It's Always Been You"..

It's one of the best vocal performances I think I've ever heard

cshadows2887 and Aregala like this.
  23. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

the vocals on this are absolutely insane

zmtr likes this.
  24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Finally getting a chance to listen to the full album after looking forward to it for months. Georgia and Normal maybe my favourites on first listen favourite. Her voice is fantastic and I think her storytelling lyrics really draw you into the album.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  25. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

haven't stopped listening to this since Monday

AOTY

Ferrari333SP likes this.