Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Katie Pruitt - Expectations (February 21, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Lot of jenny lewis vibes here - enjoying this one

2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I like this quite a bit

Craig Manning likes this.
  3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Are there any full solo acoustic songs on this? That’s how I say her play live and it was fantastic so I’m wondering if she added more instrumentation for the album. Need to check out this album at some point soon.

4. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

So this is really good. Heard a clip of ‘Normal’ on All Songs Considered and immediately listened to the full album. Really great vocals, clever lyrics, and good storytelling. I was showing this to whoever would listen yesterday.

5. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

“Georgia” probably comes closest to a straight solo song, but most of the arrangements are sparse and acoustic with organic instrumentation. One of my favorite qualities of this album is how rich the instruments sound... most of these songs have been around for years, and it’s quite a feat that somehow the album recordings all feel like the best versions of them.

6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I'll be checking it out this week for sure.

7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This fucking record is stupid good.

The title track is Fleetwood Mac-ish in an effortless way that no band who puts the Mac in their press release can ever manage.

8. Halfway through my first listen and loving this. "Normal" is incredible.

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

God, I love this record so much.

10. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Yeah I was on an (un)healthy kick of playing the new Spanish Love Songs album on repeat until this came out but this is too good to not play as well.

11. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

This album breaks my heart in the best way. Just a stunning piece of art.

12. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

My new mission in life is showing this to as many people as possible. It reminds me of this great mix of Room for squares-era John Mayer with some Caitlin Smith and maybe a little phoebe bridgers. Only artist I think who can reference sword fighting with bread and have it come across well. Absolutely perfect rainy February listening, but I'm sure it'll play well on summer nights.

I love how powerful her voice can get. The only place it's a little much for me is the bridge of My Mind's a Ship and maybe the end of the last track. It hits great when I'm paying attention to it, but it can be jarring in background listening.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  13. zmtr

Trusted

I saw @Craig Manning tweet about this album yesterday and man is it incredible.

"Out Of The Blue" is sooooooooooooo good

14. Craig Manning

Welcome aboard!

15. zmtr

Trusted

I kept waiting for this to slow down or dip in quality a bit but it does not. Her voice is insane.

16. Craig Manning

I've said this before, but I'd be pretty surprised if anything tops this album for me in 2020. And I say that know that at least three of my previous album of the year winners are releasing albums this year.

17. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

18. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I queued up the last minute and a half of "It's Always Been You" like 5 times last night. She makes those pyrotechnics seem so easy!

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

man i've been loving this all freaking week.

20. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

very good

21. zmtr

Trusted

ugh.. "Normal" though....

Unreal.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

'Grace Has a Gun' is my fav thus far

23. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

The whole album is wonderful but the run from "Out of the Blue" through "Georgia" is god tier.

24. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

ashamed to say I did not realize she was a lesbian until Loving Her, 9th track.

Matt Chylak and cshadows2887 like this.
  25. Craig Manning

I think my favorite is the opener, but it's honestly a pretty flawless album.

Matt Chylak likes this.