Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kathleen Edwards - Total Freedom (August 14th, 2020)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cherrywaves, Sep 7, 2020.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

Friend of mine recommended this album to me yesterday. I don't know much about her, but it's really fucking good. I've seen people refer to it as country, I can kind of see it I guess?

2. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

We talked about it briefly in the Country Music Thread and she definitely has a few fans. Great songwriting, lovely album!

cherrywaves likes this.
  3. zmtr

Trusted

Glad to see her brought up here. All of her albums are fantastic. Mercury is one of my favorite songs of all time.

If you’re into this album definitely check out Voyageur. Produced by Justin Vernon while they were dating.

cherrywaves likes this.
  4. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Missed this thread, but this album is pretty wonderful. Hasn't lost a step

cherrywaves likes this.
  5. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

This is wonderful so far, and one of the better sounding Tiny Desks from Home I've heard. She gives a little smile when her slide guitar play echoes the vocal melody on "Glenfern" with his solo and I'd really like to see her play a smaller venue.

Kathleen Edwards: Tiny Desk (Home) Concert

6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

this is a perfect album "lol"

ashes to ashes is rising on my favorite Kathleen songs. i doubt anything will overtake mercury but this just might.

cherrywaves likes this.