Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Karen O & Danger Mouse - Lux Prima (March 15,2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 16, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Nov 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

After making music for the past twenty years and embarking on making this record with Danger Mouse I knew a couple things. One was that the spirit of collaboration between us was going to be going to be a pure one, and two was that the more I live the less is clear to me. When you create from a blurry place you can go places further than you’ve ever been. I think we both were excited to go far out.

Danger Mouse added: “With ‘Lux Prima,’ we were really looking for a place rather than a sound. It was our first shared destination so we thought we’d take our time getting there. The song itself is a bit of a journey, but all the parts felt like they needed each other.”

1. Lux Prima
    2. Ministry
    3. Turn The Light
    4. Woman
    5. Redeemer
    6. Drown
    7. Leopard’s Tongue
    8. Reveries
    9. Nox Lumina

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I like it. Intro is very long but it sounds like Star Wars so I'm ok with it

3. I’m into it.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jan 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

Album March 15

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This combination makes so little sense on paper that I have to be intrigued by it.

Also, I know it's passe to like him now but I still love Dangermouse's sound. He did wonderful things with Norah Jones.

6. ChaseTx

I think the Norah Jones album is the only thing he did that I ever listened to

7. stars143

Trusted

Never listened to Demon Days?!

8. ChaseTx

I have once or twice. I can't really get into Gorillaz beyond the singles. It kinda bores me

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

you've probably heard Gnarls Barkley, I'd recommend the album but Cee-Lo is a creep

10. ChaseTx

I have heard Crazy

11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I still have a massive soft spot for the Dangermouse and Jemini album Ghetto Pop Life. That's what first put him on my radar.

12. will listen to anything Karen O contributes vocals to

13. Maverick

Trusted

Really like the two songs released so far. Always been intrigued by both artists so looking forward to this.

14. new song about to premiere on Beats 1

15. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Excited to check this out

16. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Digging this

17. Spun this three times on Friday, love it. Woman and Turn The Light are incredible

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I want to see whatever movie Reveries is on the soundtrack for
    yeah this is cool, took a little for me to get into because it starts off so subdued and Karen has such a powerful voice but once that was utilized this owns

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Spike Jonze video filmed live on Colbert last night!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I enjoy this, but don't think I'll be coming back to it much outside of the singles.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen