Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo (February 14, 2016) Album • Page 96

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 5, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I never get why people root for a family to fall apart? Kanye and Kim actually seem like one of the more solid Hollywood marriages, and seem to really love each other and their kids. Who knows if it will last (as with any marriage), but I'm definitely not rooting for it to fail.

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I had a friend when TLOP came out, ultra Kanye fanboy, who was posting shit about how the album was about him falling out of love with Kim. I feel like we listened to different records. Another friend told me he'd bet me $1,000 there'd be no marriage when Kanye proposed to Kim or something when I said something about the news once.

3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Kim and Kanye's marriage is inspiring

Aaron Mook and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

In spite of Kanye's issues I think he truly loves Kim and Saint and North are so cute and little why would you want them to go through that

5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I legit forgot I went to the beach with this girl and I played waves because it made perfect sense.

she just posted a Snapchat listening to that song and being like “cobra kid knows the coolest music.”

Ken and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  6. CobraKidJon

7. Aaron Mook Sep 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 22, 2017)
    Just found out that we'll likely have to put our cat down this weekend and I've been a wreck with no idea what to do with myself. So I put this album on and almost two years later it still takes me on an emotional journey and brings me more immediate joy than any other collection of music that comes to mind

I know that sounds like an exaggeration but it's a very, very personal connection and I am so thankful for it

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

That's why you stick with the positive side of twitter.

9. CobraKidJon

my goal in life is still to get some yeezys

10. cherrywaves

Trusted

Sorry to hear man, my condolences :heart: be kind to yourself

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well first, sorry to hear about your car. Losing a pet is such a gut wrenching experience, so I feel for you.

Also I don't think it's an exaggeration at all. That's kind of the point of music right? And I completely get feeling that way with this album.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. goation

Regular

Sorry about your cat. This record is really an anomaly. I don’t know of any other albums that can have lyrics as silly as the ones about bleached assholes on one track and then 3 or 4 tracks later have songs that just make you freeze up and think about the ones close to you.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. :heart::heart::heart:

Thank you. Really appreciate having this site and community right now.

14. The Lucky Moose

Be (Intro) might be the best piece of music Kanye ever produced

SpyKi, Ken and Aaron Mook like this.
  15. "The Food" performance on Chapelle's is GOAT. Be is a stone-cold classic

16. The Lucky Moose Oct 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 3, 2017)
    The Lucky Moose

Be is incredible yeah. I recently had a conversation with someone about which rap album I would give to someone that has never heard of rap and I immediately thought of Be.

17. radiodead

Trusted

Faithful is a jam

The Lucky Moose and Aaron Mook like this.
  18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I wish I liked Common's other stuff as much as I like Be

19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'd argue that Quality is the best thing he's produced, but I'm a sucker for Talib Kweli. Be is still great though.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  20. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

He didn't do all of Quality tho, if I remember correctly. Just a few of the best songs.

21. Ken Oct 3, 2017
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

True. Just Get By and Good To You I believe. I think he oversaw a large part of it even though he only officially did those two songs.

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

uhhhh

23. The Lucky Moose Oct 3, 2017
    The Lucky Moose

Didn't Kanye do I Try? Man, that was my song. Talib could do no wrong then. Social media really hurt his legacy.

EDIT: Yes, I Try was Kanye.

Anti-Counter-Culture and Ken like this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

When I really think about it I wish I liked anything as much as I like Be. I'm kidding, but only kinda. I love Common though.

25. The Lucky Moose

Kanye also did a lot on Rhymefest's first album. It slipped through the cracks back then but it's really good.

Ken likes this.