Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West - Saint Pablo Tour Tour • Page 13

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jun 14, 2016.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

He is! Going to Saginaw Valley - I'm actually going to see TWY with him at the end of the month.

2. Trent Gill

trentgill.ca Prestigious

I thought that the performance would be affected by what happened to Kim, but I saw him last night for the first time and it was incredible. Words do not do justice to the production quality and showmanship of this tour.

I will gripe that he didn't play either "30 Hours" or "Real Friends," but I think that has to do with fan demand more than anything. He also skipped the last half of "Highlights" where he absolutely crushes the verse.

All said, though, it was unforgettable.

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I was curious if he only did the first half of Highlights on the whole tour, or if he just cut it short at my show for whatever reason. Guess he's just doing half of it...

4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Ah fuck really? I love that second verse

5. Trent Gill Oct 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 13, 2016)
    Trent Gill

trentgill.ca Prestigious

Yeah, I was really looking forward to the stuff after "21 Grammys / Superstar family" but he stopped after "Only problem is I'm rich."

Same. It's like my favourite part of the whole album, except maybe the opening of "Real Friends," which has really grown on me.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

so everyone agrees that 9:00-9:30 is what to expect, even though tickets say 8:00? There have been no shows before 9.... right?

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

FWIW, my show started at 9:30

8. brentkid

Regular

When I saw him at MSG earlier on the tour he came out closer to 9:30.

9. irthesteve

Everything I am reading says 9:30 for 90% of the tour, with 9:20 once haha

10. I think our show started at 9:15-9:20. That said, I'd never risk getting their later than like 8:45 because I'm paranoid I'd miss part of the show. Also, there was so much energy and anticipation in the crowd, so it was fun just being around that.

GrantCloud and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I always make sure to get to shows when doors open or earlier because I'm paranoid

12. irthesteve

I called the venue and they said 9:20. On social media they are being coy though and saying "8:00 (subject to change)"

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I never get why people would rather chance missing a part of the concert than having to wait for an hour or two. Especially when there's no opener.

14. irthesteve

maybe because people have jobs and getting to a show at 8:00 is way tougher than 9:30, might require leaving early, etc.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well then my post didn't apply to you. I know plenty of people who push it for no reason, so that's what I was referring to. Luckily I work in downtown Chicago, so it doesn't usually take more than an hour at the absolute max to get to a concert venue. I generally just start my day a little earlier if I want to make sure to be to a venue by a certain time.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  16. irthesteve

Yeah I gotchu. I also like to fit in food and drinks ahead of a show without stressing about rushing to get there

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I always get to shows just before the main act, unless there's an opener I really wanna see. Rather than rushing straight from work (or having to leave work early) I like to take my time and get dinner and change my clothes if I need to.

That being said I'm going to Ye next wednesday. The ticket says 8pm but that is gonna be really tough for me to make. Hope he stays true to this pattern of 9:15-9:30.

irthesteve likes this.
  18. TMS2787

Trusted

I went to Columbus and it was 9:20, Cleveland was suppose to be 9:15 (so it probably would have been 9:20) but with the issues it was 9:55. I would get there in your seat / spot by 9:05. No show on the tour has stated at 8:00 or before 9:15. Not a single one. There's more of a chance it'll start later than 9:30 than before 9:15.

19. irthesteve

last night was 9:20 like the nice box office lady told me

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I ALWAYS call the venue the day of the show to find out exact set times. Harder to do in bigger venues/arenas. But I typically never go to see openers (not that Kanye has one) but I too get paranoid, even when 95% of the time, the settimes they tell me are correct. I've been burned a few times though, so I typically will arrive 20 minutes or so before they tell me the set time of the band/artist I want to see.

21. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Mine started at 9:45, but I wouldn't count on it to start this late.

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

My family usually goes on vacation after Christmas, but I've officially decided that if we don't, or if it's later than the 27th, I'm buying tickets to see the second Verizon Center show. I've been getting some serious post-concert-depression lately

23. ChipKelly4thand9ers

Hey I'm trying to go to this on Wednesday but I'm not sure if I can go but if anyone can grab a shirt for me from any date in any city, I'll pay full price, plus shipping and maybe toss in a little commission. Let me know and I can clarify details. Thanks guys.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

If anyone winds up with an extra ticket for the Dallas show and it's not ridiculously priced, let me know.

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

I went to the show at the forum last night. Had a fun time but Kanye clearly needs to take some time off, he seemed really tired.