Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West Pulled Out of Coachella Because the Festival Wouldn’t Build Him a Giant Dome • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 14, 2019.

1. currytheword

Trusted

No one said it was supposed to. You called me sexist when that was not the context of the joke I referenced nor how I said what I said. No one believes or said Kim is making Kanye do this stuff. If you'd like me to try and find a reference to it, I would. From the sounds of it, I highly doubt that you're interested.

2. currytheword

Trusted

I would love for Kanye to continue to be creative and making art that speaks for itself.

Instead of him trying to speak for himself which is a wildfire every time.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I did not call you sexist, you took my response to something that Joe Rogan said and assumed my response was directed at you. And when I clarify that I was criticizing his take, you somehow become even more defensive.

Then what was the point of Joe Rogan's take? Why would him dating a Kardashian be some predictor of his current state of mental illness? You gave absolutely no context, in a post about a guy that is controversial at best on these forums, and somehow have found a way to turn this into me calling you both sexist and being uninterested in any contradictory opinions.

4. currytheword

Trusted

Your response to me was pretty brash as well, so I responded like so. I apologize for misreading what you said, I thought that was directed at me.

5. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

It was not, but I apologize for the misunderstanding.

currytheword likes this.
  6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

maybe I'm just in an inflammatory mood but like.....sometimes you can say something thats sexist (ie blaming a woman for a man's mental state, public comments/persona, etc) and problematic and it DOESN'T have to turn into a defense of how youre soo not sexist and problematic.
    Sometimes you can just examine why it's being called out as a sexist statement.

K0ta likes this.
  7. currytheword

Trusted

I agree @supernovagirl. I made my response in thinking that one particular comment was directed at me, and I regret making the reference to Rogan because I am aware of many things he’s said that have garnered his reputation. Poor choice on my part in this thread.

K0ta likes this.