Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West - Jesus is King (September 27, 2019) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blainer93, Sep 17, 2018.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

People definitely have their anti gospel takes ready to go

matthaber likes this.
  2. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

theres gonna be a lot of anti gospel / religion remarks and there will be an equal amount of 20 year old white college kids who are kanye stans explaining to people what "real gospel" music is even though they have never listened to anything outside kanye before and both takes are gonna be insufferable as fk.

3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Very accurate

radiodead likes this.
  4. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Jesus is the one (I got Depression) >> this

5. radiodead

Trusted

My main concern is that the lyrics are gonna be extremely heavy handed. I like subtlety, I don’t need to be beat over the head.

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I'm simply not religious/into gospel so I'm not particularly excited for this but I trust Kanye musically to do basically anything at this point

riotspray likes this.
  7. Lenin

Regular

Kanye West is a piece of shit? Who knew

Ken and Joe4th like this.
  8. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Lmao, still discussing that stuff is funny and then saying “look how he did drake” when it was Pusha T is also funny.

tdlyon and emojedi like this.
  9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I mean her career was defined by it by a ton of media outlets and Ye 100% had something to do with the Adonis drop

ECV, Anna Acosta, Contender and 8 others like this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Her point is that it wasn't Pusha

St. Nate likes this.
  11. emojedi

Trusted

There is no reason this beef still needs to be a thing

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I mean, Kanye got to create a music video where a naked version of Taylor was in bed with him and faced absolutely no repercussions for it, so it's safe to say maybe Taylor should be able to say what she wants about their relationship.

Carrow, ECV, Joe4th and 9 others like this.
  13. emojedi

Trusted

oh yea that was a thing. nvm then

Zilla likes this.
  14. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Fair enough on the music video thing and she can say whatever I just think all parties involved just need to hang it up.

Also Pusha T made Infrared, Drake then dropped Duppy which had a bit about Kanye when he wasn’t even involved, then Pusha made Adidon. Saying Kanye is the reason for Drake’s family thing is kinda weak because a lot of that stuff was public knowledge.

tdlyon and emojedi like this.
  15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'll never understand why people who have hundreds of millions of dollars want to spend their time arguing over petty nonsense. I'd be too busy spending my money.

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think Kanye has proven over and over that money doesn't make you happy. He outlines it pretty well on the first verse of "Welcome to Heartbreak."

emojedi and riotspray like this.
  17. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Which is why I'm glad he found Jesus.

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I feel like a lot of people are just reacting to a headline and not reading the interview. Taylor got asked about the situation and reflected on it, it's not like she's being malicious, just telling about the story.

19. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

If only Taylor could find Jesus too.

20. tomdelonge

Trusted

is it cynical to think maybe it's because the spectacle makes them all more money and everything that transpires in the land of celebrity is fakeness? tabloid pt barnums

riotspray likes this.
  21. tomdelonge

Trusted

i'm actually asking. i like a lotta celebrities but, i dunno...it's kinda weird

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I don't think it's an attention grab, etc. Taylor didn't do press during the "Reputation" era, when Kanye did the "Famous" video, etc. She never got to speak on it, outside of her Grammy speech and I think maybe a social media post. Now she's clearing the air because it will linger there if she doesn't and as said, the question about it came up naturally in the conversation.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Taylor honestly explained herself as elegantly and calmly as someone who has been screwed over so many times by the same person can. It really didn't read as aggressive. It read as someone who has truly moved on from the situation and was just sharing her own reflection on what transpired. It was her first full interview in years, so she covered a lot of ground. Kanye was a very small piece of it.

riotspray, irthesteve, Zilla and 5 others like this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I've always given Kanye some leeway for what happened in 2009 because he was dealing with substance abuse after a traumatic event and like it sucks to be a meme, also besides the point Taylor getting the award over Bey is not award show nonsense , but what he's been doing in the past few years is gross all around

Anthony_, CAC3, Joe4th and 1 other person like this.
  25. btr

Trusted Supporter

Is there any chance this is actually out 9/27