Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West - Jesus is King (September 27, 2019) Album • Page 55

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blainer93, Sep 17, 2018.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

trust Cosmo

angrycandy likes this.
  2. radiodead

Trusted

I have 2 kids. This sounds about normal. Except for the living on other sides of the house part.

coleslawed and riotspray like this.
  3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Not to mention that opposite sides of the house for them is more like opposite sides of the block for us hahaha but yeah you’re right.

coleslawed and riotspray like this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

One of the best pieces of hip-hop production of all time imo

sawhney[rusted]2, Zilla and riotspray like this.
  6. radiodead

Trusted

Still remember where I was when he dropped the single.

riotspray likes this.
  7. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

That song was in my ears daily in 2010. Always blasted it during workouts.

riotspray likes this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I listened to it the first time while vacuuming my grandmom’s house

9. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

sad we'll never get anything even half as good as that song from him ever again

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

we have, many many many times over

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah what lol

irthesteve likes this.
  12. I think they mean moving forward, which seems very likely true

coleslawed, riotspray, SpyKi and 2 others like this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

oh, that's a different story haha

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i mean, even if that was the meaning of the post, it still would seem a little crazy (to me) to consider anything from Throne, Yeezus, or Pablo not even half as good. He still made some excellent music after Dark Fantasy lol

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

but to each their own, we are still agreeing in the end that Power is a freaking HIT

16. again, I don't think the post meant that anything from those albums wasn't half as good lol I certainly don't agree with that. I think they meant from this point forward, which seems very true given the current trajectory

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

oooooooh

ok

then yes lol

coleslawed and Serenity Now like this.
  18. soggytime

Trusted

what a wild decade Kanye had. Started the 2010s with a flat out masterpiece, and then ended it by falling off the deep-end with this cult nonsense

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Let's discuss this more, because I am curious.

Do y'all think he will stay a Christian artist the rest of his career? Where do you see Kanye's music headed in this new decade? Anyone think he will go back to his old self at all? Will he ever wake up and apologize for the things he's said and his allegiance to President Trump?

20. I have sincere doubts about him ever apologizing, and if he does, it won't be enough. I also don't think he's that interested in making music anymore. If anything, I could see him retreating into other artistic avenues and lightly backtracking/flat-out ignoring anything he said between Pablo and now. But even that seems extremely speculative. There's a huge possibility he continues down this alt-right route forever, Christian or not.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray and Sean Murphy like this.
  22. The other possibility is that he does apologize and comes back with music good enough that most forgive him, despite the fact he hasn't earned it.

23. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

yeah for the record I meant moving forward, yeezus is a masterpiece imo.

I really didn't like Ye and Jesus Is King is one of the worst written and produced records I've ever heard so I have no faith in him whatsoever.

Joe4th and Sean Murphy like this.
  24. Damn. If someone had told me in early 2016 that Kanye would be an alt-right dude putting out 25-minute albums recorded on an iPhone in just four years, I would have been dumbfounded. The rate at which his brainworms spread was unbelievable

25. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

What if he’s capable of an album like 4:44 with a track like 4:44 at some point? That’d be cool. Not holding my breath though.