Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West - Jesus is King (September 27, 2019) Album • Page 50

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blainer93, Sep 17, 2018.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Ugh do we need more think-pieces on this asshole? I just wish people stopped paying attention.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lol at tickets to his opera being $200-300

GrantCloud and abcdefg123 like this.
  3. abcdefg123

Regular

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

“but if Jay a billionaire imma never go broke”

Carrow likes this.
  5. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Just finished an entire read of this thread from the start and I have to give thanks to all contributors. One of the most enjoyable internet experiences in awhile. Many good comments but mostly I just had great laughs. If this thread were a TV show, my favorite characters would be @OhTheWater @Philll @Carrow and any rando that dropped in just to call out Ye for being the world-class idiot that he truly is. You're all kings.

As for JIK, Follow God is the only thing that remotely mattered to me and only because I miss the old Kanye.

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

lol

ArmsLikeTeeth and BigMouth like this.
  7. Honestly agree with what he said. That album is fine but not his best at all.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Ronald reviewing MBDTF in 2020 and giving it 6/10 is very possibly the absolute least I have ever wanted to watch a youtube video

9. Forgive me for being ill-informed but I don't understand the F*ntano hate on this site. Sure, I get all the alt-right shit but I feel like he did more than enough by actually explaining what happened, especially considering it's literally ~satire~. The dude uses his platform to speak out on a ton of really important social issues that are plaguing this country and also has a track record of holding artists accountable for their actions.

But sure, keep pegging the wrong guy as a neo-nazi.

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  10. irthesteve

I mean, I dunno what word vomit you just spewed but I think epitomizes the worst aspects of music reviews and even seeing a screenshot of his videos makes me angry.

Petit nain des Îles and Carrow like this.
  11. Australia is on fire, the US might be at war, hell, the very subject of this thread is under fire between all the weird christian shit he said/defending T.I. about that whole thing with his daughter, but the thing that makes you angry is a screenshot of a music review on YouTube.

12. Philll

Trusted

I can't speak for Steve, but I assume everything you just listed also makes him angry.

13. irthesteve

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm not even going to reply to this embarrassing post.

14. Can't think of something more embarrassing than getting legitimately angry over some dude doing album reviews on YouTube. Also, didn't you technically just reply?

15. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I swear, over the last few years it feels like people have just forgotten that it's possible to care about more than one thing at any given point in time

16. That's not the point I'm making. I think I've seen maybe a handful of the dude's videos. What I'm trying to point out is that the constant calling out of a dude who literally just reviews music on the internet tends to overshadow legitimate discussions on this forum about people who do actually shitty and bad things and use their platforms for abuse and hatred. Just seems like a waste of time and energy to get angry at insignificant music reviewers.

17. Philll

Trusted

Wait, so Australia is on fire, the US is about to go to war with Iran, Kanye West and TI are sexist monsters, but the thing that makes this guy angry is a random forum users opinion of a music journalist?

18. I’m not picking on you here (or even trying) but this goes pretty much the same way towards you.

People dislike shit all the time. I don’t care one way or the other about Ronald McDonald but it’s pretty easy to tell why he irritates people or is just flat out disliked

just not worth it yfm. I’m sure you meant well

trevorshmevor and Aaron Mook like this.
  19. I will never not laugh at Ronald McDonald tho

20. Yeah I agree with you, it's just kind of insane to me how much this website HATES this guy when there are so many other more important things to channel your anger into. I'm aware it's somewhat hypocritical to be making an argument that is more or less in his defense, but the point is that every time someone on this website throws shade at someone like him, they're overshadowing all the really important discussions about actually abusive figures.

21. The Lucky Moose Jan 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2020)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Hating on something doesn’t take much energy from me at all. I’m a natural born hater. Otherwise Drake alone would put me in a hospital bed.

As far as that YouTuber goes, I have heard a podcast with him on it once where he said that someone made the first good trap album, but that album came out about 10 years after T.I.’s King, or something like that. Don’t remember the exact details. The point is, the world, especially the hip hop world, doesn’t need more deeply uninformed music critics.

22. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

i thought this was about the Ronald McDonald mascot and I was confused

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Only monsters hate the real Ronald McDonald

24. tdlyon Jan 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2020)
    tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I don't HATE the guy but I don't really watch his videos, but I have noticed that he seems to woefully miss the point of a lot of hip-hop even though most of his following is hip-hop fans for some reason