Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West - Jesus is King (September 27, 2019) Album • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blainer93, Sep 17, 2018.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’ve always thought the new Chance album is an album for Vibe magazine readers that is being unfairly judged by Rolling Stone readers. I’m aware that this highlights my age lol

riotspray likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I just don't understand how a fan of Chance the Rapper, before The Big Day came out, would dislike All Day Long, Do You Remember, II Got You, Roo, Let's Go On The Run, Sun Come Down, Town on the Hill or Zanies and Fools. And those are just the obvious ones off the top of my head.

3. The Lucky Moose

I don't understand how a human with two ears and a heart could not like I Got You but here we are

Aregala, unbornwhiskey and irthesteve like this.
  4. radiodead

Trusted

Coloring Book and Acid Rap both dominated my stereo when they dropped. But I’ve definitely outgrown both of them, couldn’t tell you the last time I reached for either. I felt like CB was the better record, it smoothed out some of the more grating elements of his first 2 releases. But the tracks some fawned over like “Juke Jame” and “All Night” I just did not care for. I like a handful of tracks off The Big Day, but it was pretty mid overall.

5. The Lucky Moose

I think a lot of the people that clown a rapper for rapping about his wife are low-key being racist. I'm definitely not accusing anyone here though.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and OhTheWater like this.
  6. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

acid rap great, coloring book pretty great, the big day great but the internet clowned him for writing a record about his wife and didn’t listen to it intently beyond “lol a shawn mendes feature???”

7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i still have no idea how people can listen to the first three tracks on the big day and think it’s remotely bad unless their opinions are confirmed and reinforced by their twitter feed

8. The Lucky Moose Oct 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 23, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

I want to know what would happen to those people if they'd listen to, like, LL Cool J & 112’s “Down The Aisle”. The Big Day really isn’t as remotely on the kitchy/cheesy (I don’t like those words for this but I don’t know the appropriate one right now) end of things as they seem to think it is.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ya, considering a ton of the jokes are coming from white hip hop fans I tend to agree. Bad look

10. The Lucky Moose

Simply put their policing what a (usually and in this case black) rapper is supposed to rap about and the boundaries they set seem to be based on stereotypes

Zilla, matthaber, OhTheWater and 2 others like this.
  11. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

I just hate love songs no matter who is doing them

12. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

talk about murder, hating woman, etc = your a "real OG"
    talk about being happy and being in a monogamist relationship = your suddenly "corny"

13. The Lucky Moose

Also, and this isn’t directly related but still a little related in my mind: it shows a lot of ignorance about the history and breadth of the genre on their part which means I can’t take them seriously anyway.

OhTheWater likes this.
  14. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

ill find my self defending this chance album like crazy to people to then only sit back an hour later and think "i dont even LOVE this album, id consider it a fun 7/10." it makes no sense how much i defend it lmao

OhTheWater and The Lucky Moose like this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Hell yeah

Carrow, GrantCloud, Zilla and 9 others like this.
  16. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

It’s coming from tons of different kinds of people on Twitter that I see so I don’t see it that way.

17. The Lucky Moose Oct 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 23, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

That doesn’t mean some of them aren’t

18. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Most definitely some are.

The comment that I’ve seen a lot that bothers me is “he needs to do drugs again”

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

Yeah. It highlights my point though: Some of the people that say he should do drugs again are just being stupid, others being stupid and racist.

Blainer93 likes this.
  20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Also reinforcing age-old norms of harmful toxic masculinity

21. The Lucky Moose

Right. It’s a whole smorgasbord of shit.

22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

Rowan5215, Contender and radiodead like this.
  23. radiodead

Trusted

24. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

25. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

riotspray likes this.