Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West - Jesus is King (September 27, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blainer93, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Blainer93 Sep 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2019)
    Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Jesus Is King 9/27

2. Bane

The spiciest meme

oh gosh

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Ok then

4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Oh boi

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ugh

6. seeing as we're doing yet another thread for this trash-ass human: Kanye West wore a MAGA hat. Kanye West is at best a collaborator and at worst knows exactly what he's doing and is happy to be used as the American right-wing's token famous black supporter guy. You can keep your shit takes about his music because he's a fucking fraud. I do like 'Yandhi' as an album title though because Mahatma Ghandi was a notorious misogynist, something everyone has conveniently forgotten because it suits their liberal narrative. Mr. West is telling on himself. He's fucked up so many times this year alone and people are ready to gloss over it because he's shitting out another album in two weeks. Fuck off.

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I don’t think many people, at least on here, are glossing over it

CarpetElf and FTank like this.
  8. I'd sure as fuck hope so. Sick to the back fucking teeth of him being given a pass.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  9. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

gross

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

He's on his weird back to basics redemptive narrative shit. I still didn't listen to the interview where he walked some stuff back, but idk if that was enough from the soundbites I heard. Giving such a narrow release date for a project and just shitting out whatever unfinished shit he worked on in the studio is getting old. I need perfectionist Ye back

coleslawed, Ken, CAC3 and 2 others like this.
  11. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

The chances that “I Love It” are on this album are near 100%, and the title probably means he’s still going to be on his “Ye loves everybody, even controversial people” shtick. Wouldn’t be surprised if a 69 Track is on here as well.

As a lifelong Kanye fan, this year has been really disappointing.

OotyPa and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yup. Doesn’t understand the impact of giving a voice to those people

13. emojedi

Trusted

I’m disappointed in Kanye this year. The music itself I think has been mostly very good. I loved both Ye and KSG

14. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I wish I could pull a Sliding Doors and hear them both without the controversy. But they're inextricably linked.

15. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hmm

17. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Musically, I like the idea of Yeezus 2 if this is what he's hinting at. Did not enjoy "Ye" but preferred "Kids See Ghosts."

But mann Kanye lost me this year. Hard to stick by him through all the MAGA bs. I know he's always said stupid shit throughout his career but this has been too much for me. Also, fuck outta here with the 6ix9ine nonsense. I don't know why anyone continues to work with him.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I would have maybe waited to see if this album actually exists before moving on from the Ye/KSG thread but I'm here for it lol

And there's no way I Love It is on the album. I bet it ends up on Lil Pump's though

19. username

hey you lil piss baby

I Love It’s success is probably what spawned the idea for a new album, so it will almost definitely be on here. Especially if this is an extension of the Yeezus sound. The production on I Love It is the closest a Ye track has sounded to Yeezus since that album.

20. username

hey you lil piss baby

Although I’m still not entirely convinced Yandhi is an album and not just something to do with his SNL appearance.

radiodead likes this.
  21. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Louis Brodinski posted these snippets on his IG story and he’s currently in Chicago.

He did work on Yeezus, specifically Send It Up and Black Skinhead.

22. radiodead

Trusted

Those snippets are interesting.

At first I chalked this up to nothing more than something to do with the SNL performance as well. But the mini disc is the one clue that hints at more. So idk. We’ll see.

23. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Posted 4 of these photoshopped billboards today too.

24. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Lmao

beachdude and arewhyayein like this.
  25. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

The stack of dictionaries

riotspray, Blainer93 and beachdude like this.