Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West - Donda (August 6th, 2021) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Jul 19, 2021.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the only good thing ive heard so far was the durk verse

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

did a quick look at the kanye reddit, who are obviously the current biggest fans he has, and they are all saying it's trash too

3. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Every feature has slid insanely well so far

beachdude likes this.
  4. radiodead

Trusted

I mean overall…..this is pretty light on Kanye it’s mostly features, vocal samples and organ/piano. I’ve been digging the production and the “hi with a bunch of iiiiiiiii’s” line got a genuine chuckle from me.

beachdude likes this.
  5. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

He put Vory all on this album which is pretty cool for Vory

beachdude likes this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

really because the pop smoke feature felt exploitative and terrible

7. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues

There's been roughly one Kanye verse so far that sounds like he got further than first draft. It's melodic in a good way and the features are fine, but he's still just...not trying. And is still a chode

8. radiodead

Trusted

Yea there was that one track where he actually rapped a few solid bars. Noticed it too.

Sorry this guitar song is cool too.

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

pretty sure he's trying, he's just not very good now

Surfwax likes this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

like he wouldn't have this big spectacle to reveal the album and name it after his late mother if he didn't think he made something great and wasn't trying to make something great. he's just so full of himself these days that he doesn't think he needs to put in as much work as he used to on his albums....or he overworks them, im not sure if he's throwing the albums together quickly or relentlessly working on them non stop for months and months right up until the album release. either method is clearly not working but that doesnt mean he isn't trying.

11. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Over those keys, it sounded much better than on his own album

12. Yeah idk about a lot of this but he really got the Throne back together

radiodead likes this.
  13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

that bar is so low its touching the ground, that entire pop smoke album was a big fuck you to his legacy

Drew Beringer and Blainer93 like this.
  14. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

That I can agree on, that album felt like it was put together in a week just to make some money. It stunk.

15. Surfwax

I mostly agree, especially in that he thinks he's swinging for the fences. It's just the way that his verses come literally unfinished that seems like an effort thing. It's not just bad because it's clumsy it's bad because it sounds like come back and fix it later filler in a lot of cases.

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

even though yeezus is my favorite kanye album i think working with rick rubin completely ruined his approach to vocals and now he thinks he can get away with that method all the time now. it barely worked on pablo (and im sure people would even debate me on that) and hasn't worked whatsoever on anything since then.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

what percent of this thing is Jesus-y

18. Surfwax

100% and 40% to the last two posts respectively

irthesteve likes this.
  19. like 80 – 90%

20. wade

*DX CHOP*

Jay got the Cena pop from me

21. Definitely some rough shit at the top, some interesting beats later on, great features, and Kanye is the worst part of the album lol. Last song was good. Otherwise not sure if I'd return to anything. Pretty immediately at least more interesting than JIK.

22. cherrywaves

Trusted

That’s a very low bar

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Indeed it is

25. He was at game 6 so that must’ve inspired him haha