Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kanye West - Donda (August 6th, 2021) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Jul 19, 2021.

1. radiodead

Trusted

Okay

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Carrow and dadbolt like this.
  3. Josh Awesome

@team_newton Prestigious

Christian people seem to love Jesus Is King and that's all I need to know about how shitty it is.

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Shitting on gospel music as a whole is a bad look, I said that in the last thread. Lot of weird coded shit going along with that. Stick to shitting on Kanye for being a maga chud

swboyd, SamLevi11, ChaseTx and 20 others like this.
  5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Also I don’t think generalizing Christian people liking the album is fair when I’m sure most Christians have probably never listened to that album. Feels like a backhanded dig at Christian people for no reason. There’s reason to be mad at peoples support of Kanye, sure, but their religion shouldn’t be a factor.

6. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I don’t think anyone liked generally? MAGA people just started pretending to like him general around the same time. Had nothing to do with his music lol

7. somethingwitty

Trusted

I was a massive Kanye stan, but until we get an apology, or even some sound reasoning for his MAGA phase, I’ll refuse to invest myself in his art.

8. Josh Awesome

@team_newton Prestigious

Sorry, that was a bad joke. Kanye's music is horrible nowadays and that's all I got to say about that.

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

for some reason my gym started to play songs off Jesus is king and I was like that’s wild

10. CobraKidJon

Kirk Franklin made me appreciate gospel music

11. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Gospel music is fine but let's not all act like organized religion isn't the root of most problems in the world.

somethingwitty likes this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

American imperialism and global capitalism are the root of most problems in the world

Carrow, SamLevi11, ChaseTx and 15 others like this.
  13. why does this thread even exist

xapplexpiex, Fronnyfron and Anthony_ like this.
  14. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Here we go

Attached Files:

bobby_runs likes this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Because people need to keep talking about this guy like he’s somehow still an essential artist, as if the last few years never happened. He deserves to be ignored and shunned.

16. I choose to keep my opinions on Kanye off this website for this exact reason.

(This post does not serve as a denouncement or an endorsement of Kanye West)

17. CobraKidJon

Vince Staples, IDK and Tyler all just dropped very cool albums in the last month

that’s all I got

18. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

To make sure you came in with a post like this.

19. Ahhh, wouldn't be a Chorus thread without a holier-than-thou, snarky-ass reply like this.

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

why are you posting like he's some kind of political figure oh wait

Contender, Anthony_ and Carrow like this.
  21. Unfortunately he's a political figure in the same sense that Donald Trump is, albeit with far less success: an idiot with a boatload of money and a platform he doesn't respect or understand the gravity of.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  22. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Isn’t that any political figure?

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

thank you arms like teeth

chewbacca110 likes this.
  24. I would hesitate to agree with you completely. You're right, I think people in the entertainment field are arguably more dangerous because they can influence ignorant people in a different way. I know a lot of people who were like "fuck politics I'm voting for Kanye".

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

If someone said they were voting for Kanye I wouldnt worry, 9/10 of those people aren’t even registered to vote