Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kacey Musgraves Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I feel like.... she couldn't hear the band well, she was quite out of tune there

3. Schmohawk Sep 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2016)
    Schmohawk

Eat Snickers, leave garbage.

Edit: Tracklist, according to her Facebook:

1. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

2. Let It Snow (featuring The Quebe Sisters)

3. Christmas Don’t Be Late

4. A Willie Nice Christmas (Featuring Willie Nelson and Trigger; Written by Kacey Musgraves, Shane McAnally and Josh Osborne)

5. Feliz Navidad

6. Christmas Makes Me Cry (Written by Kacey Musgraves, Shane McAnally and Brandy Clark)

7. Present Without A Bow (Featuring Leon Bridges; Written by Kacey Musgraves, Leon Bridges, Austin Jenkins and Luke Laird)

8. Mele Kalikimaka (featuring The Quebe Sisters)

9. I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas

10. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer

11. Ribbons and Bows (Written by Kacey Musgraves, Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter)

12. What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?

“Working on my first Christmas album has been one of the most enriching musical experiences I’ve ever had and I can’t wait for everyone to hear it,” said Musgraves. “I really wanted to create a whimsical throwback holiday record, one that evokes feelings of nostalgia and simpler times. I think that the fine musicians and brains that were a part of this project have helped me create a body of music that can be added to people’s classic collections.”

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Schmohawk likes this.
  5. irthesteve

I'm mostly exited for the originals

6. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

This should be very good.

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I'll listen but not before Halloween that's absurd

ChaseTx likes this.
  8. irthesteve

too true

9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Omg all those cover choices are perfectly suited to her. Damn.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. George

Trusted Prestigious

Who the hell at her label thought it would be a good idea to release a Christmas record on October 28th?????

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

It makes no sense but it happened with Kelly Clarkson too

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Makes sense, they need it on shelves for more than a month

13. George

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, but nobody is impulse purchasing a Christmas record in October, I'd have thought you'd want to release it late-November ish to attract both the Kacey fans (who were going to purchase it anyway) and the "regular" Christmas shoppers. Releasing it in October means it will sell well-ish that week, because she has fans, and then basically be untouched until Christmas season comes in full-swing in a months time. You're surely not gonna have much traction with an ad campaign and hype leading up to the release, because nobody cares about Christmas songs in mid-October

Disclaimer; I know nothing about marketing or record labels in the slightest, so the above is probably all totally nonsense.

14. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I think I've seen a lot of late October Christmas album release dates. Seems pretty standard.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and ChaseTx like this.
  15. irthesteve

late Oct/early Nov is commonplace to get placement in holiday-themed store placement. Think about how early you see Xmas decorations and knick nacks in stores. If you want your Xmas album placed with all the other Xmas goodies, you have to get it out early enough for that

iCarly Rae Jepsen and ChaseTx like this.
  16. George

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, Michael Buble put out a Christmas album in September! And looking at a list of Christmas records, October 28th is totally normal, apparently. Shows what I know (nothing).

Edit: Oh wait, I can do better! Garth Brooks released a Christmas album in August. That's just perverse.

17. ChaseTx

I think it's also just so people know it's out there. Maybe if you see it at the end of October you're not going to immediately buy it, but you'll be aware of it when you're more in the spirit

cshadows2887 likes this.
  18. cshadows2887

I may honestly buy it in October and just wait to listen...

19. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Yeah, it's common practice for Christmas albums to be released in October and even November. There's even instances of it happening back in the 1990s. Last year I bought Slay Belles on October 21, so it's not something new for me at least.

I didn't a lot of time with her last album. A Kacey Musgraves Christmas isn't something I thought of before, but it is what I need.

20. irthesteve

her Christmas album's out there

21. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Listening to the Christmas album on Spotify right now and it's great. So happy this is a thing

22. ChaseTx

I'm planning to go to her Christmas show in Ft Worth

23. irthesteve

Finally listening to the Xmas album, it's... aiiight, kinda wanted more from it

24. cshadows2887

I think it's perfect. Light, breezy and entirely within her aesthetic. And her kickass pedal steel player gets a workout!

ChaseTx likes this.
  25. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Christmas album is amazing.

Pageant Material also quickly becoming an all time favorite record for me.