Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kacey Musgraves - Star Crossed (September 10, 2021) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 23, 2021.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

what if an album has a couple of truly awful songs but is otherwise great? You just sit through them? What if one was 10 minutes long?

2. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

Yes

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  3. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I can't think of a hypothetical where this applies, but yeah I would probably just not listen to it

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

There are only skips if your record player breaks amirite

5. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

That huge drum sound followed by the “ahhhHHHH” in the chorus of Velvet Elvis might be my favorite part of the record, lol. It just sounds so cool.

bodkins likes this.
  6. radiodead

Trusted

Who here is implying subjective “skips” are universal?

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

DickyCullz likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the issue is that it's almost never a 'subjective' conversation, someone will post that a song is boring and skip worthy, then someone else will argue that it's their favorite song on the album how could you skip it, then the "its good" "its boring" "its great" "its bad" debate loops for 3 pages. happens in every thread for every album lol

phaynes12, jorbjorb and radiodead like this.
  11. zmtr

Trusted

with all due respect, what else are we supposed to really talk about on music forums lol

FTank, Matt Chylak, ItsAndrew and 8 others like this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

there is absolutely plenty to discuss when it comes to music without always needing to debate whos opinions of songs is right and whos is wrong lol

mescalineeyes, phaynes12 and jorbjorb like this.
  13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

im not even saying that skipping a song bc you dont like it is a bad thing, listen however you want lol - im just saying the trend in every thread eventually gets there and its just, such a dumb way to discuss music.

mescalineeyes and jorbjorb like this.
  14. hollowmines

Regular

I'm finding this rollout just as off-putting as lorde's was oops. at least the music should be better

15. trevorshmevor Aug 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 26, 2021)
    Come on lol record’s three years old and we’re moving into the next cycle — there’s been plenty of productive discussion about GH. If there’s something else you’d rather talk about then post it, but shutting down harmless conversation without bringing anything else to the table is weird behavior

Anyway that clip of Justified sounds incredible. I don’t think I can hold off listening to that one

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

i don't even want to engage with that comment, but..... sigh.... what the fuck is wrong with the rollout?

17. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The rollout has been three days long.

18. What could possibly be wrong with this rollout?? It’s been like three days and the record comes out in two weeks, we’ve got two singles, plenty of pre-order options, and some sort of movie feature to look forward to. This rollout fucking rules

19. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Too short. I like my rollouts to last six months to a year like other artists her size!!!

/s obv

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Worst part of this rollout is this goddamn thread lmao

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

If you dislike the rollout because it has a very optional visual component, then I guess your standards are strange and specific and you’re going to be disappointed by a lot of artists in the future.

22. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I compare everything against the last two Arcade Fire rollouts, so basically nothing is bad relative to those.

Brent likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

The only thing is I hope Ruston is doing ok, it's totally valid for kacey to make a divorce album obviously

24. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I hate when people complain about talking about music on a

*checks notes*

music forum.

Brent and irthesteve like this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol

GrantCloud and jorbjorb like this.