Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kacey Musgraves - Star Crossed (September 10, 2021) Album • Page 25

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 23, 2021.

1. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I’m assuming that was part of the visual/movie she released? I only made it about five minutes into that- just not for me, unfortunately.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah it's straight from the film which was... Not great

3. navidson

Regular

The whole 'Camera Roll' section of the film was it's weakest part - Just doesn't match the song at all

4. irthesteve

verissimo likes this.
  5. irthesteve

basically a Pop Up Video

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The pop-up video format works with what VH1 did than the huge font and borders that are going on here. Still, I always dig music video trivia.

7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

What a completely forgettable album. So much excitement for this beforehand.

Hopefully Adele's lives up to the hype.

sophos34 and @@ron like this.
  8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Forgettable? This has been one of my favorite albums of the year!

9. it’s very good

10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I like it

11. OotyPa

fall away

I unfortunately haven’t returned to it much. Probably should soon, see if it’s grown on me

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Definitely not a forgettable album. Camera Roll, and Hookup Scene in particular crush me just thinking about.

13. irthesteve

I haven't really came around to this album, it's far from bad but nowhere near great, just kinda exists in the middle and makes me think "oh this is nice"

Breaking Good, Zilla and prattsy like this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I regularly forget about it, I suppose that makes it forgettable to me

dorfmac, FTank and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I like the album a lot whenever I listen, but it hasn’t fully hooked me yet.

Doesn’t help that it came out at a bad time for me cus I had a lot going on in September and I couldn’t give it my full attention, so I lost that new release hype.

16. dorfmac

Trusted

I feel like I have to convince myself I like it since I’ve loved every other album so much, and even then I’m not that persuasive. Not anywhere what I hoped, that’s for sure, but I wouldn’t call it bad by any stretch.

17. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"What Doesn't Kill Me" is the one I've been coming back to a lot. That song is great.

18. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

I like the album, but I do wish I had a fancy box and accoutrements for Golden Hour or Pageant Material instead.

19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

the replay value is p high for me, usually come back to it once or twice a week. It’s good music to listen to while working/good fall vibes

20. somethingwitty

Trusted

Easier Said has become my favorite

21. Spenny

Regular

I think I need to do more listening, I find the album enjoyable but only have really been coming back to Justified, Breadwinner and Keep Lookin' Up.

22. @@ron

Regular

The title track was promising and then the rest just felt one note over all :/

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I get what people don’t like about this album but it just works for me. Return to it pretty often

24. it's a good album, sorry Brent

GrantCloud likes this.
  25. Like breadwinner, good wife, justified, simple times, camera roll ALL have memorable choruses. If you don't like it that's cool but forgettable is absolutely not the word I would use here.