Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kacey Musgraves - Star Crossed (September 10, 2021) Album • Page 23

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

“Good Wife” is definitely one of the weaker tracks. Also, I know Kacey loves weed, but the “And if he comes home stressed out, I could pack him a bowl” line is such a massive clunker that it almost ruins the entire song for me.

2. I just noticed that lyric a few days ago and now it sticks out (in a bad way) on every listen

Craig Manning likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

yeah that's definitely top 5 worst lines on the album

4. Craig Manning

It just feels so out of place in that song. Hard to describe, really, because she's fit lines like that into songs before and it's worked ("Late to the Party" comes to mind), but here it's just such a "Wait, what did she just say?" line.

Patterns in Traffic and sophos34 like this.
  5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I've listened to this probably 10 times all the way through and I couldn't tell you what Easier Said, Keep Lookin' Up, or What Doesn't Kill Me sound like

Brent likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

Ha, two of those three are among my favorites on the album.

JRGComedy and gonz (Alex) like this.
  7. I like What Doesn't Kill Me a lot. Easier Said is one of the weaker tracks IMO. And I can't tell you what Keep Lookin' Up sounds like either.

JRGComedy and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  8. Angel is the other track that I have no recollection of when I look at the tracklist

9. Corey Long

Chord & Quill // The Codex Supporter

I've really come to love this album. It's not Golden Hour for sure, but I really appreciate the overall vibe she was going for. I know folks were expecting a melodrama based on her interviews (and the accompanying film was... interesting for sure), but I read between the lines and saw someone who didn't want to be bitter and wanted to explore heartbreak in a very straightforward way. If you go in expecting her signature wordplay or some poetic treatise on heartbreak, you will be disappointed. If you go in trying to get a feel for where she's been, there's a lot there. I really found "Hookup Scene" to be a gut punch as someone who imagines feeling that way if my wife and I ever ended up breaking up.

10. irthesteve

Cameron likes this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

My guess is Justified and Cherry Blossom

12. prattsy

Regular

It'll be Star Crossed and Justified

SteveLikesMusic and irthesteve like this.
  13. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Simple Times and Breadwinner

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  14. Craig Manning

"There Is a Light," with Owen Wilson calling in favor to get Will Ferrell there to do the jazz flute part.

15. irthesteve

now we're talking

Anthony Brooks and Craig Manning like this.
  16. Craig Manning

This would be a guaranteed viral sensation. Someone in Kacey's camp should try to make it happen.

ChaseTx likes this.
  17. irthesteve

"Kacey Musgraves and.... Ron Burgundy?!?! Collaborate On Saturday Night Live!!"

18. somethingwitty

Trusted

Didn’t Will show up with Queens of the Stone Age once and do cowbell?

19. Craig Manning

Sounds like something that he would do. Haha

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’m glad someone else besides me remembers this. It was during Little Sister

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Indeed. I remember that and Jim Carrey doing leg guitar when Foo Fighters played.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

After my third listen this has really grown on me. Simple Times, Camera Roll, Hookup Scene, and Keep Looking Up are my faves

ethansawyer likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I also love the closer lol. Y’all saying it sounded like TMV has me love it even more too

Crisp X, navidson, ChaseTx and 2 others like this.
  24. irthesteve

25. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

The biggest thing that keeps me from really enjoying this is the production. Feels like a lot of the choices keep the listener at arm's length and puts a wall in the way of the intimacy I was hoping for. I'm hoping this grows on me on repeat listens but I don't see myself getting the urge to come back to it much so who knows