Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour (March 30, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This is accurate.

bradsonemanband and FTank like this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Lmao yes

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Look, the album Harry made is technically a pleasant album with songs that are delectably "good," but for me it was entirely derivative of an entire genre or era without adding anything new to it. I am all for being inspired by eras, bands, etc... but you gotta add to it, make it your own, I don't think that album did so

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I understand those criticism's of Harry's album. It definitely didn't blow me away, but I think it was good, and I guess I'm willing to cut him some slack. As a debut album from someone from the biggest boy band of the decade, I think it's a respectable start. I think it's fair to assume he had far less creative control in One Direction. I think he did some writing with them, but I assume this is the first time he's taken on a larger roll of writing and leading the direction of the album, so I think it's a promising start. If it's his Justified, and his FutureSex is to follow, then I think we could see something great come out of him.

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. Craig Manning

Of the ex-One Direction member albums, I thought Niall Horan's was a lot better and showed more creativity and strength of craft. It felt less like he was trying on a costume and more like he was pursuing something he'd always wanted to pursue. I thought it was odd that the Styles record got more praise.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  6. irthesteve

Definitely agree with Niall being the best start.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I could see (and probably agree with) saying that Niall's album is a better written album, but I don't really think there's anything truly original there either. I think Niall has a more consistent album, but Styles was going for a bigger/more grand or bombastic feeling (I hope that makes sense) which is more my style than Niall's more reserved effort. I'm not saying either is better or worse though. I also only listened to Niall's a couple times so I should give it another go soon.

8. irthesteve

I truly think Slow Hands was one of the most unique sounding pop songs of last year

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I am a fan of Kacey Musgraves. Who's with me

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Who is that?

Jk, but this convo is technicallyyyy related (or was at one point lol)

irthesteve likes this.
  11. ChaseTx

It was related. Then it got bad

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. irthesteve

ur face is bad

cwhit, mattfreaksmeout and ChaseTx like this.
  13. Craig Manning Mar 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 1, 2018)
    Craig Manning

I guess I meant more creative in that it didn't feel derivative to me in the way Harry's record did. He internalized the influences and genres he was picking from more and did more to make them his own. I'm probably biased, though, because I never thought I'd hear a song like "Fire Away" on a major pop album in 2017.

ANYWAY, we can get back to Kacey now. "Space Cowboy" is a top five song of the year for me so far.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  14. ChaseTx

I think she may have just posted a new clip in her Instagram story

15. zmtr

Trusted

What does everyone enjoy more? Pageant Material or Same Trailer?

16. radiodead

Trusted

I find myself reaching for Same Trailer more often.

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

easily same trailer, i thought pageant material was a decently big drop off

18. Craig Manning

"Merry Go Round" is her best song, but I think Pageant Material is a better record.

19. irthesteve

I used to be more Same Trailer, then Pageant grew on me a TON, especially after seeing that tour. They are on pretty equal footing for me currently

20. cwhit

"back on the map" is my fav song of hers prior to these

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I like Same Trailer more, but Pageant Material is catching up lately. I hadn't listened to that one quite as much, but it's got some songs that are at the top of my Kacey Musgraves list. High Time, Late To the Party, Pageant Material, This Town, and Family Is Family are the ones I particularly like.

22. cwhit

late to the party is my fav off that one

23. zmtr

Trusted

thanks for the answers

ive always had same trailer higher but my girlfriend swears by pageant material.. i enjoy PM in its own right but I guess I do need to listen more

24. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

a top 5 song for her def

25. Craig Manning

The one-two of "Somebody to Love" and "Miserable" is perfection. My biggest complaint about the Pageant Material vinyl is that it breaks up those two tracks.

dotKev likes this.